RockGods Member

Bryand is on a distinguished road
Rig Transformations - Rigs You've Owned

Post Your story & pics (must have)

Rig Transformations
Or, the Rigs you’ve had over the years.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Here is mine;

Trust me, i've considered starting over MANY TIMES, but stuck with it and this is my story.

Around 1999 i purchased a 1987 Suzuki with a SPOA, 29" tires, and a serious but driveable rod-knock in the engine for $800.

Sorry, but this is the only picture I can find of what it looked like when i bought it.

i think after fixing the rod-knock for about $150 i only took it out twice before getting some toyota axles, 4.0 tcase gears, tires, and built a cage. refined it over a year or so, started doing Rubicon, etc. and kept modifing.

i kept bending rear springs almost ever run so around 2000 i took the plung a designed and built my own rear coil-overs from Rancho 9000 shocks, and 4-linked the rear only.

really got into wheelin' & camping. did Barrett Lake, Fordyce, Rubicon and meet many of our good friends we have today.

After a year or so, I continued to bend springs in the front and 4-linked / coiled the front and changed the color to RED!

Continued the usual 4 wheeling trips and camping, but now I was on the quest for MORE POWER. After finishing Fordyce with my engine starter it was time. Swapped in a 1995 4.3 CPI V6, 700R4, & Toyota 4.0 tcase.

over the next few years I made refinements and additions. Bigger tires, bead-lock wheels, stereo, seats, etc.

As time went on, myself & friends became more and more involved in rock crawling, the term “hardcore” crawler was invented. Some fiends even became professionals and I even tried my hand at competition. The CalRocs event at MoonRocks in 2002.

Bryand is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 14th, 2009   #2
Bryand
RockGods Member

CONTINUED,
--------------------------
I really didn’t care for the stress of competing, but the thrill of “hardcore” crawling was definitely there. After going to the Hammers I had a problem – I just couldn’t keep the sheet metal straight. Solution – get ride of it. I cut ALL the sheet metal off.

And in this phase of transformation ended up with this.

Kept this setup for several years. Added bigger tires, again – 42” Swampers. The Toyota axles were really pissed with the new tires, so after another 1-1/2 years it was time for a Spidertrax Ultimate Knuckle front-end and a basic 9” in the rear. Loaded front/rear with TruHigh9’s and wheeled for another 2 years.

made it back to the Hammers a few more times. Local trails, UB Canyon, etc. with not too many worries. Look close – you can see a “little” Samurai left.

But, like anything – you can always have more power. So once again I cut it up. Cut the whole front end off at the firewall and hung a 2002 5.3 V8 in it.

This was the most recent “major” transformation. Ended up with this.

The V8 did finally explode the Toyota case on Never Ending Canyon. So this fall (2009) I replaced the last remaining “small buggy part”, the Toyota tcase with a Stak Mini 3 Speed.

I still have a little Samurai left. the heater, a little floor pan, the firewall, and about 3 feet of frame.

In the end, I should have started over. But what the hell, I’m just a “wanna be” engineer that made fabin’ and wheelin’ my hobby. It has kept me plenty busy and out of trouble for 10 years.

But now what? Not much else I can do on this Samurai!

Old December 14th, 2009   #3
POOR BOY
HARDCORE WEB WHEELER!!!

POOR BOY is on a distinguished road
i have to say man that is one hell of a rig you have transformed!!! great idea on the thread
POOR BOY is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 14th, 2009   #4
yotapower
HARDCORE WEB WHEELER!!!

yotapower is on a distinguished road
All right I will play
Bought this from L.D 9 years ago did some gears in the yota axles locked them up and wheeled for 2 years running the con and fordice and little trails around here. Here is what it looked like after I painted it.

This one is after the big upgrade from 33's to 35's

I dont have any pics of the next transformation but after I broke multiple birfields I did the dumbest thing ever and put a bunch of money in a 44/60 combo and broke shafts every time it left the garage! Oh and somewhere in there I rolled it and had to chop the top and build the ugliest cage ever!
then I scored a free 60 front did gears chromo shafts and full hydro and 42's still rockin the ugly cage!

I beat the living crap out of this for the next 6 years. It went through a color change that I hated

yotapower is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 14th, 2009   #5
yotapower
HARDCORE WEB WHEELER!!!

yotapower is on a distinguished road
Here is the biggest transformayion yet I did this last winter. We had our first baby so I wanted a more family friendly rig. 85 ex cab on a 79 longbed frame. Again L.D came through with the cab for free!!!!

and here she is now

yotapower is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 14th, 2009   #6
MR.ROCKAPE
BANNED

MR.ROCKAPE is on a distinguished road
OK ILL PLAY ALONG....

IN THE SUMMER OF 03 I BOUGHT A 77CJ5 ON 31s WITH A 2.5 INCH SPRING LIFT...

THE GUY I GOT IT FROM GAVE ME(ACTUALLY CALLED ME UP AND BITCHED THAT I HAD NOT PICKED IT UP FROM HIS HOUSE) A 76 CJ5 TUB/GRILL AND FRAME....IT SAT IN THE YARD FOR MONTHS,HAD IT ON THE SUMMIT BOARD FOR $100.....THEN WENT OUT TO THE FIRST FERNLEY CAL-ROCS COMP AND SAW WHAT CRAWLERS WERE AT THE TIME....AND KNEW I COULD BUILD ONE!!!!

WENT TO PICK-N- AND GOT A TH400 W/JEEP BELLHOUSING AND A DANA 20 T-CASE MOUNT AND A FRONT CHEVY 8 LUG 44 AS WELL AS A FORD DANA 60 REAR AXLE......PICKED UP A EARLY WAGGY FOR $100 WITH A GREAT RUNNING 401 AMC V8....

(SORRY NO PICS OF JUST THE FRAME/TUB...)

GOT ME A JD2 BENDER AND WENT AFTER MY FIRST CAGE!!!

BORROWED SOME 38s A BUDDY HAD TO MAKE SURE THEY WERE GONNA BE BIG ENOUGH....

RIG STACKED TO MAKE SURE IT WAS COOL...

THEN GOT MY OWN 38 SXs W ALLIED BEADLOCKS!!!(BY FAR THE MOST $$$ SPENT!!!)

PROCEEDED TO TAKE IT OUT TO THE MOONROCKS SEVERAL TIMES....DRIVING THE BACK ROADS FROM LEMMON VALLEY SINCE I HAD NO TOW RIG!!!

IT WAS A FUN RIG BUT WAS ALREADY DEEP INTO THE NOW YELLOW BUGGY.....AND AS SOON AS THE YELLOW BUGGY RAN THIS RIG GOT SOLD....TO RADDONKEYS BUDDY IN VEGAS!!!! TO BE NEVER SEEN AGAIN!!!!

MY VIDEO!!!--->ITS NEW!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNVguvNE7qc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance View Post
Time and time again you prove you are the biggest idiot on Pirate4x4. God you're a fucking clown.
MR.ROCKAPE is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 15th, 2009   #7
RADDONKEY
Paid Member

RADDONKEY is on a distinguished road
I wheeled the crap out of it while I was building my CJ7. He still has it as his back up/loaner buggy. It looks like my sami did, but he did add a front locker and 4:1 t-case gears. It still gets 3-4 hammers trips a year.
RADDONKEY is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 15th, 2009   #8
wix
Hella sweet

wix is on a distinguished road
Here's mine:

93 wrangler bought it around 97-98. Had a huge body lift, huge shackles, and 32's. It was me and my wifes (girlfriend at the time) DD. We were both in college in SanluisObispo. Was a kick ass beach mobile!
Moved back to the reno area in 2000 and brought it with us. Shortly after that she rolled it on the highway. The insurance company totaled it, but it had hardly anydamage just broken sideview mirrors . We were able to pay it off and buy it back for the salvage value. Also had some money left over for some upgrades. So it got 35's, 4.5" RE lift, a ford 8.8 with a detroit and 4.56 gears, new gears for the d30 and an arb.

Then got into bending tube and added a cage, also added a sye kit and a teralow 4:1 kit. Here it is on Fordyce.

Then busted the d30 on late night on knuckle alley

When I did this I put it in the garage for a little over a year and added a list of goodies.
42's, 404's, 3 link front and rear with coilovers, backhalfed it, full hydro, and lots of HEAVY body protection.

Lately Ive been wanting to get rid of alot weight, was thinkin about chopin the tub all up and also putting in a V8. Ive decided against it. Gonna hold onto my V8 for another project and just leave this one alone.
wix is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 15th, 2009   #9
Bryand
RockGods Member

These are GREAT, guys! Keep them comming. i'm having fun with them, and looking forward to others contributing. Plus it shows who the "real" fabricators are around here, AND gives me a little background on ya'll.

Old December 15th, 2009   #10
RADDONKEY
Paid Member

Here is a bronco I built a few years ago. It went from bone stock ready for the junkyard to this. Built 351w, C6, full widths on 39 tsls. Before and after
Attached Images
File Type: jpg EBstart.jpg (134.1 KB, 268 views)
File Type: jpg ebbronco.jpg (96.6 KB, 262 views)
File Type: jpg 351w2.jpg (62.0 KB, 257 views)
File Type: jpg ebbuildn.jpg (75.6 KB, 256 views)
File Type: jpg backyardplayground.jpg (96.5 KB, 253 views)

Old December 15th, 2009   #11
RADDONKEY
Paid Member

61 Ford Galaxy build with a 390 4-speed, airbags, on 20s before and after.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg before.jpg (68.2 KB, 245 views)
File Type: jpg fresh paint.jpg (65.6 KB, 241 views)

Old December 15th, 2009   #12
DBJ
Wheeler

DBJ is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by RADDONKEY View Post
61 Ford Galaxy build with a 390 4-speed, airbags, on 20s before and after.
Thats sweet! Allway like the low rider look!!!!!
Wish I had more pics of some of my old rides.

Old December 15th, 2009   #13
RADDONKEY
Paid Member

Dunebuggy build, Motor trans, cage, paint, rims, brakes, seats, etc. The new owner bought it in Reno and drove it to Seattle. before and after
Attached Images
File Type: jpg buggy1.jpg (54.0 KB, 235 views)
File Type: jpg orangebuggy1.jpg (67.4 KB, 235 views)

Old December 15th, 2009   #14
RADDONKEY
Paid Member

This jeep was bone stock on 33s and a worn out 258 when I bought it. Ended up with 454, T400, D300, on 1 tons. I dont have any pics of it stock due to a computer crash. But here are some of the pics along the way.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 454jeep.jpg (106.5 KB, 233 views)
File Type: jpg rear jeep.jpg (93.4 KB, 233 views)
File Type: jpg top flames.jpg (66.6 KB, 232 views)
File Type: jpg bc flex.jpg (72.0 KB, 232 views)

Old December 15th, 2009   #15
RADDONKEY
Paid Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanD View Post
These are GREAT, guys! Keep them comming. i'm having fun with them, and looking forward to others contributing. Plus it shows who the "real" fabricators are around here, AND gives me a little background on ya'll.
Thanx for sharing the pics Bryan, Yours has defiantly come a long way, I guess my ADD kicks in and I end up building something new every couple of years. I have also built 5-6 project boats in the last 10 years.

Old December 15th, 2009   #16
POOR BOY
HARDCORE WEB WHEELER!!!

cant find the pics of me actually WHEELING this truck but heres the before and after
got it about 3 years from my wife ( girl friend at the time)
when i first got it after i put some 33 MTRs on it

a few suspension upgrades and some 35s

started linking the front and went to 37s

finally got to roll it out of the garage for the first time in over a year

and the state it is in today because i finally realized that me ( 6'6 tall) a suspension seat and that cab dont fit real well.......although not the most current give you an idea

Last edited by POOR BOY; December 15th, 2009 at 09:47 PM..

Old December 15th, 2009   #17
wix
Hella sweet

wix is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Thanx for sharing the pics Bryan, Yours has defiantly come a long way, I guess my ADD kicks in and I end up building something new every couple of years. I have also built 5-6 project boats in the last 10 years.
Your shit looks top notch! What do you do with it all? Just flip em for $$$??? Or you got some shop full of toys?
wix is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 15th, 2009   #18
RADDONKEY
Paid Member

Thanx, I have several projects going at all times. I normally just sell them to get the $ back that I put in to them and move on to something else.

Most of you guys know this one, I didnt build it but I put a 468 motor and fixed a bunch of stuff on it. Oh and wheeled it!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1st snow.jpg (107.2 KB, 230 views)

Old December 15th, 2009   #19
MR.ROCKAPE
BANNED

THE SAMMY/LIBERTY BUGGY...

RIGHT AFTER BUILDING THE CJ5 I KNEW I HAD TO HAVE A BUGGY.......

SO I CALLED THROTTLES CRACKHEAD CONNECTION AND GOT A 99 VORTEC 4.3...FOR $500

ON TO THE BUILD,IN A DAY THROTTLE AND I HAD A PAIR OF FRAME RAILS MADE FROM 2X3 .120...(I THOUGHT IT WOULD BE EASIER STARTING WITH FLAT SURFACES TO BUILD OFF OF...

Quote:
Time and time again you prove you are the biggest idiot on Pirate4x4. God you're a fucking clown.

Old December 15th, 2009   #20
MR.ROCKAPE
BANNED

THEN IT STARTED TO LOOK LIKE SOMETHING...

THEN I WHEELED IT QUITE A BIT...WITH FRONT LEAFS.....THEN IT WAS TIME TO UPGRADE....AFTER TALKING TO JESSE I CAME UP WIT H PLAN TO 3 LINK THE FRONT...

THEN OFF TO DO CAL-ROCS FOR A COUPLE SEASONS....(FOUR SPOTTERS LATER...... )

Quote:

Old December 15th, 2009   #21
MR.ROCKAPE
BANNED

MORE...

A FIRST TRIP TO THE HAMMERS...

ALL IN ALL ITS BEEN A GREAT RIG...HAS SEEN PRETTY MUCH OF THE HARDCORE STUFF IN THIS AREA......(CURRENTLY SITTING IN THE YARD WITH A BROKEN TRANS BELLHOUSING.... )

Quote:

Old December 16th, 2009   #22
Bryand
RockGods Member

Quote:
Here is a bronco I built a few years ago. It went from bone stock ready for the junkyard to this. Built 351w, C6, full widths on 39 tsls. Before and after
i tell ya, i still like the Bronco's best. they simply have that "unique" look like no other 4x4 out there. just hard to keep the front fenders straight when whellin' them hard. i would still like to have one some day. Did you guys see that "cherry" Orange one for sale in "deals/wheels" a few months back. took a full page ad for it, didn't list price though, but sure looked "tits" fo sure!

Old December 16th, 2009   #23
POOR BOY
HARDCORE WEB WHEELER!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanD View Post
i tell ya, i still like the Bronco's best. they simply have that "unique" look like no other 4x4 out there. just hard to keep the front fenders straight when whellin' them hard. i would still like to have one some day. Did you guys see that "cherry" Orange one for sale in "deals/wheels" a few months back. took a full page ad for it, didn't list price though, but sure looked "tits" fo sure!
over 30k i think around 34k

Old December 16th, 2009   #24
Mrburns
ooooh-shit

Mrburns is on a distinguished road
A coworker went to check it out, got a test drive (they drove) he said it was "bad ass" but the 40k+ was way too high. Still looked tits to me!
Mrburns is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 16th, 2009   #25
rocksnot
Wheeler

rocksnot is on a distinguished road
its really great to see peoples transformation, all these are really cool, great job

Old December 16th, 2009   #26
BlondeT

BlondeT is on a distinguished road
Quote:
this one has definitely always been one of my favorites over the years. it turned out pretty awesome

Last edited by BlondeT; December 16th, 2009 at 02:31 PM..
BlondeT is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 16th, 2009   #27
RockRunner
Wheeler

RockRunner is on a distinguished road
i cant find any of the pics of it stock but it went from a bone stock 2002 4runner to what it is now. i did all the work myself. it took me 17 days straight to do the full conversion. and its still not finished. unfortunalty i was too stoned to remember to take pics during the process of converting it.
with 39.5 iroks

went to 37 toyos mts

added a winch

it would take me hours to list everything i have done to this rig. so i'll save that for another time.

PAY UP BITCHES! I NOW OFFICIALLY SUPPORT THE HABIT!
RockRunner is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 16th, 2009   #28
jeeper89
WEB WHEELING SAVES MONEY!!!

jeeper89 is on a distinguished road
bought a 1989 jeep for my second car(right after i found out i did not like actual cars in the snow)

drove it for a month and decided i wanted to lift it. so i put a 3.5" lift added some 31's, built some fenders/bumpers ,added some more armor, built a cage. ended up with something like this

then i got the Crawling bug so i researched a whole bunch and decided to add some Waggy 44s and 35s.

over time i added some more tubes to the front bumper.

Last edited by jeeper89; December 16th, 2009 at 05:45 PM..
jeeper89 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 16th, 2009   #29
jeeper89

started getting more and more into crawling.. ran rubicon a few times.
added Weld on bead locks (tig welded so they did not leak)

realized me and windshields do not get along....

flopped it

added 38's

then Traded it for my 4 runner.

Last edited by jeeper89; December 16th, 2009 at 04:34 PM..
jeeper89 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 16th, 2009   #30
jeeper89

got the WAY TO TALL 4Runner mainly because it had everything i wanted.
it had 1 tons, dual cases, 4.3l v6

took it out and wheeled harder now that it was not my DD

lowered it about 3" stretched it 4", and added 42's

took it to moab.

kept wheeling

then Traded it for my new pickup wanting a DD style rig again.

Old December 16th, 2009   #31
jeeper89

got the new pickup
1991 yota with 4.3 vortec, 700r4, dual cases, 9" front 37's

added custom plates

and now i just wheel the crap out of it

Old December 23rd, 2009   #32
BMFNTOY
Wheeler

BMFNTOY is on a distinguished road
I really like your buggy Bryan!

Jeff

TFab 100 Proof "Getting it buggy" LS2/TH400/4 spd. Atlas/Prorock D60 front/D70U rear CTM 37/40 spline shafts thruout/42" Kevlar stickies on Racelines...blah blah blah........

R.I.P. Dave "Kyle" Halabuk
BMFNTOY is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 29th, 2009   #33
Connect
O||||O

Connect is on a distinguished road
I like Bryan's red, mostly sammy buggy stage the best!

Live FAST, Die BROKE!
Connect is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 29th, 2009   #34
slvrbck
HOLDIN' IT DOWN

slvrbck is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connect View Post
I like Bryan's red, mostly sammy buggy stage the best!
I'M WITH THAT! LOOKS PRETTY TRICK.

I DON'T REALLY HAVE ANY PICS OF THE RIGS THAT I HAVE HAD, ESPECIALLY MY MINI'S I HAD IN HIGH SCHOOL AND WHEN I FIRST JOINED THE NAVY. AND WITH DEPLOYMENTS AND WHAT NOT, SHIT HAS BEEN LEFT HERE AND THERE. I WISH I WOULD HAVE HAD TIME TO DIG THRU ALL MY STUFF AT MY DAD'S WHILE I WAS AT HOME. THERE ARE ALOT OF OG PICTURES I COULD HAVE SCANNED.

I'VE WENT FROM A 90 SAS MINI EXT CAB, TO A 87 4RUNNER SAS, A FEW OTHER OLD MINIS WE BEAT TO DEATH AND CUT UP, A 95 NISSAN SAS ON 35'S(WHICH MET IT'S DEMISE AFTER BEATING IT TO WITHIN AN INCH OF IT'S LIFE, THEN THE REAR END COMPLETELY GRENADING GOING ABOUT 65 ON THE WAY BACK FROM WHEELING OUTSIDE OF NORFOLK, VA), A 93 MINI THAT I WHEELED IFS FOR AWHILE, STARTED PUTTING TONS ON IT AND SOLD IT, A 79 REDNECK BLAZER ON TONS AND 40'S(THAT WAS ALL POWER INSIDE!!), AN 84 4RUNNER, A 93 YJ(WHICH SLUNG #1 ROD GETTING ON THE INTERSTATE, SOLD IT AND SWORE I'D NEVER OWN ANOTHER JEEP), A 72 LAND CRUISER, AND THE 73 I HAVE NOW.

BAD THING IS, JUST ABOUT ALL OF THE RIGS I HAVE OWNED WERE REALLY NICE WHEN I GOT THEM AND LOOKED LIKE A BEER CAN WHEN I WAS DONE WITH THEM....TRYING TO KEEP THIS ONE I HAVE NOW KINDA PRETTY, AND GET THE BUGGY BUILT SO I CAN BEAT ON IT!

I REALLY WISH I COULD DIG UP SOME OF THE OLD RIGS MY POPS HAD WHEN I WAS LITTLE. NOTHING HE HAD WAS ON LESS THAN 40'S, AND ALL CHEVROLET.(HEY, IT WAS ALABAMA IN THE 80'S) THE COOLEST ONE HE HAD WAS A 66 SUBURBAN, ON TONS AND A 400/SM465/205. IT HAD 2 BUCKETS IN FRONT AND 2X12 BENCH SEATS DOWN THE SIDES IN THE BACK. WE CALLED IT THE HIPPY WAGON, AND IT WAS A STRAIGHT MONSTER. I REMEMBER BEING SO DEEP IN MUD ONE TIME, MY AUNT'S CAMERA BAG WITH CAMERA IN IT WAS FLOATING AROUND IN THE FLOORBOARD!!!!

Old January 5th, 2010   #35
deadandcompany
HARDCORE WEB WHEELER!!!

deadandcompany is on a distinguished road
Ide play but my pics of all the rigs ive owned both built and bought are on about 4-5 different computers and are all gone. Theres probably some pics floating around the web but i dont wanna search for em. Ill post up my new project in a couple days...
deadandcompany is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 6th, 2010   #36
Sierra Valley
HARDCORE WEB WHEELER!!!

Sierra Valley is on a distinguished road
And out of nowhere its Deadancompany! Motherfucker has had a different rig for every month of the year!
Sierra Valley is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 30th, 2010   #37
GloNDark
HARDCORE WEB WHEELER!!!

GloNDark is on a distinguished road
Figured i'd add mine to the mix.

Rig #1 69 Cruiser got it in trade. Wheeled it a summer with a welded rear end and 32" bfg's. Then went spring over and 35"s then went small block, 4 speed and 1/2 tons, and finally cut the body off and went cruiser/buggy with it on the cheap.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg beginingofcruiser1.jpg (50.0 KB, 121 views)
File Type: jpg clockwork1017a.jpg (34.6 KB, 121 views)
File Type: jpg dscf0018.jpg (41.2 KB, 121 views)
File Type: jpg dscf0028.jpg (45.5 KB, 121 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF0029.JPG (83.2 KB, 119 views)
GloNDark is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 30th, 2010   #38
GloNDark
HARDCORE WEB WHEELER!!!

Rig #2 was another 69 FJ40 and my most loved and missed rig i've ever had. I hate myself for selling :(

Small block, 4 speed, dana 60's front and rear. Simple but always got the job done.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg newcruiser1.JPG (54.2 KB, 120 views)
File Type: jpg little%20sluice%204.JPG (76.3 KB, 119 views)
File Type: jpg little%20sluice%201.JPG (67.7 KB, 118 views)
File Type: jpg glondark005.jpg (143.8 KB, 121 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF0233.JPG (82.7 KB, 121 views)

Old March 30th, 2010   #39
GloNDark
HARDCORE WEB WHEELER!!!

Rig #3 was probably the least photographed rig, mostly because I was too busy beating the ever loving shit out of that 4 runner every chance I got. hahaha
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF2233.JPG (118.1 KB, 119 views)
File Type: jpg luckycanyon035.jpg (112.3 KB, 119 views)

Old March 30th, 2010   #40
GloNDark
HARDCORE WEB WHEELER!!!

Rig #4 i put a lot of time and effort into but in the end needed some $$$$$ so i sold it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bronc3.jpg (76.9 KB, 120 views)
File Type: jpg bronco5.jpg (53.5 KB, 119 views)
File Type: jpg Bronco2.jpg (97.3 KB, 119 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF0007.jpg (98.4 KB, 121 views)

Old March 30th, 2010   #41
GloNDark
HARDCORE WEB WHEELER!!!

And the current rig. I thought it was an 87, but i got the title for it finally last week, turns out it's an 88. hahaha

Here's the pic of when I first got it, headed home on the trailer. And the most recent status pic a couple weeks back. I'll try and get some updated pics tonight with the new bed on it. :D

As promised here's the new bed pics. It's BEGGIN for a 14" bob job big time. I hope I can start/finish it this weekend. :D
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo1.jpg (31.0 KB, 195 views)
File Type: jpg 6_.JPG (87.4 KB, 197 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF5235.JPG (118.5 KB, 180 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF5231.JPG (118.2 KB, 180 views)

Last edited by GloNDark; March 30th, 2010 at 07:17 PM..

Old March 30th, 2010   #42
POOR BOY
HARDCORE WEB WHEELER!!!

gotta love the pic of you driving one handed with a beer in the other. "the old days" and now i know where you got that pic for HAN.

Old March 30th, 2010   #43
GloNDark
HARDCORE WEB WHEELER!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by poor boy pulling View Post
gotta love the pic of you driving one handed with a beer in the other. "the old days" and now i know where you got that pic for HAN.
Shit man, everyone used to call me Undercover brother. Didn't matter how fast I was going or how many times I rolled I never spilled a beer.

Old March 30th, 2010   #44
POOR BOY
HARDCORE WEB WHEELER!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloNDark View Post
Shit man, everyone used to call me Undercover brother. Didn't matter how fast I was going or how many times I rolled I never spilled a beer.
haha good times

Old March 30th, 2010   #45
GloNDark
HARDCORE WEB WHEELER!!!

Here's a good pic series from Prison Hill years ago, I was between rigs 1 and 2, so I was riding shotgun with rokjeep. Man I was fucking hammered that night. 3 talls cans of Shlitz malt liquor, but if you notice, never spilled a drop. hahaha
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HPIM2835.jpg (86.9 KB, 194 views)
File Type: jpg HPIM2837.jpg (58.1 KB, 195 views)
File Type: jpg HPIM2838.jpg (51.3 KB, 193 views)

Old March 30th, 2010   #46
RARECJ8
Wheeler

RARECJ8 is on a distinguished road
good save on the tall boy during the flop. priorities man, priorities!

I'd rather pound a pillow than fuck a sackfull of deer antlers.

Please pray for Obama -- Psalms 109.8
RARECJ8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 30th, 2010   #47
1SAWB
HARDCORE WEB WHEELER!!!

1SAWB is on a distinguished road
HERE IS THE EVOLUTION OF MY YOTA. I BOUGHT THIS ROLLED 85 STANDARD CAB TRUCK FROM A GUY ON RENO 4X4 BACK IN LATE 2006.IT HAD AN INTERIOR CAGE AND THEY HAD REPLACED MOST OF THE SHEET METAL. THE TRUCK WAS SUPPOSED TO HAVE A REBUILD ENGINE AND 5.29 GEAR'S AND I TOOK THE GAMBLE AND BOUGHT IT FOR $800.00 EFI 85 YOTA CHEAP I LOVE IT AND THIS HOW IT LOOKED WHEN I DRUG IT HOME

Last edited by 1SAWB; November 5th, 2010 at 07:44 AM..
1SAWB is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 30th, 2010   #48
1SAWB
HARDCORE WEB WHEELER!!!

ONCE I GOT IT HOME I DECIDED THE CAB NEEDED TO BE REPLACED SO I PUT AN AD ON PIRATES AND A GUY FROM DAYTON ANSWERED IT THAT HE HAD AN 87 EXTRA CAB WITH TITLE FOR $25.00 SO OFF I WENT TO DRAG IT HOME. THE WHOLE FAMILY (WIFE AND TWO BOY'S) JUMP IN AND TORE INTO IT ONCE HOME WE TOOK THE CAB OFF. THE REAR END OUT AND GAVE AWAY THE ENGINE TRANS AND CASE FROM THE DONOR TRUCK. THEN RIPPED OFF THE STANDARD CAB AND STARTED THE SWAP ( SORRY NO PICS THE ARE IN MY OTHER COMP THAT CRASHED LOL ) WHEN I SWAPPED TO THE WIDER REAR I FOUND THAT THE 5.29 GEARS WHERE TRASH IN THE REAR SO WE INSTALLED NEW AND PUSHED FORWARD. THIS IS HOW IT LOOKED WHEN THE CAB WAS INSTALLED AND DON (RADONKEY) AND I WHIPPED UP A BUMPER AND I LET THE KIDS HAVE FUN WITH SPRAY PAINT AND THE FLAT BED MY BOYS AND I BUILT

Old March 30th, 2010   #49
1SAWB
HARDCORE WEB WHEELER!!!

I COULDN'T HANDLE THE URGAN GHETTO CAMO ANYMORE SO IT GOT A DOSE OF TWISTED LIME GREEN

Old March 30th, 2010   #50
1SAWB
HARDCORE WEB WHEELER!!!

SINCE THE BUILD I HAVE ADDED DUAL CASES WITH 4.7 IN THE REAR, BOBBY LONG OUTPUT, SPOOL REAR, IFS HUBS IN THE FRONT WITH FJ ROTOR'S V6 CALIPER'S. F-150 REAR SPRING'S, REAR DISC BRAKES AND CUT THAT MONSTER STINGER OFF AND SOME OTHER CRAP IM SURE I FORGOT