THEROCKGODS.COM > Welcome to THEROCKGODS > Announcements

Announcements General forum information and site announcements.

User Tag List

Old December 17th, 2010   #1
MR.ROCKAPE
BANNED

MR.ROCKAPE is on a distinguished road
ROCKGODS4X4.COM???

WE HERE AT THE TRG.COM HAVE DISCUSSED IT AND FOR THE NEW YEAR THIS PLACE WILL GET A SLIGHT NAME CHANGE IN ORDER TO HELP IDENTIFY WHAT THIS PLACE IS!!!

THE WEBSITE WILL BECOME ROCKGODS4X4.COM BUT THEROCKGODS.COM WILL STILL BRING YOU HERE AS WELL.(BOTH DOMAIN NAMES WILL WORK....)

WE ARE LOOKING TO GROW THIS PLACE FOR THE 2011 YEAR AND BEYOND....

IF ANYONE HAS ANY SUGGESTIONS FOR CHANGES TO THE SITE THIS IS YOUR THREAD...POST UP AND WE WILL TAKE THEM INTO CONSIDERATION!

MY VIDEO!!!--->ITS NEW!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNVguvNE7qc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance View Post
Time and time again you prove you are the biggest idiot on Pirate4x4. God you're a fucking clown.
MR.ROCKAPE is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 17th, 2010   #2
RP Films
Wheeler

RP Films is on a distinguished road
Better watch out Ape.....If you grow people will begin to hate you....then say you are the reason this area is more traveled by out of state wheelers. You already have a few that complain about everything to the sun! I would love to see the site grow and hope the Best for you guys! Just remember you aren't going to make everyone happy with this and will get some negative attention from it. Can't tell you how many dumb asses try to blame the film company for the explosion of MR! LOL

I would suggest maybe doing a giveaway from some vendors. I would be willing to put some dvds up and other stuff. Maybe to get people to watch the event coverage offer a giveaway from the event? Could plan a geo hunt for next year? Give away clues on here? Maybe team up with Exit 28 and stash some stuff all around. We could plan a trip to maybe the Con or 4Dyce and have a cool trip of camping and pics, video etc....Stop being so secret about trails in the area.....Shit you guys come one here and bitch you don't wanna outsiders...well wake up.....if they wanna wheel here they will come wheel here.....You travel all the way down to JV to wheel? Why if someone is a die hard wheeler wouldn't they come to the area? When MR has a BIG weekend those business out in SS get a HUGE boost! Maybe you dont care...Well then your a selfish asshole!

Also Ape maybe some more community work? Like taking out kids who don't have anything, like the RM house kids? Maybe a group go help some seniors? I would be MORE than happy to come help out. I don't know. who am I....LOL

Hope it is a good 2011!

Old December 17th, 2010   #3
BIG BLUE
Local shit talker

BIG BLUE is on a distinguished road
Those are great ideas. We want to get more in align with our 4x4 roots. Put on trail runs, maybe get some event sponsorship. Its time to get serious and have some fun. I think there will be a few trails opened up and that has already been discussed. As more are found and more get put to the back burner for being ran too much then I think they will slide into the open for outsiders category.

It's people like you that make me look smart.

I am very sensative to a womans needs...thats why I always buy them kneepads!

Don't you know who I think I am!!!!!
BIG BLUE is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 18th, 2010   #4
slvrbck
HOLDIN' IT DOWN

slvrbck is on a distinguished road
I am excited for 2011...even thought I won't be here much.

Several of Pat's ideas I have discussed with Ape, like the vendor giveaway, the 'Con/Fordyce run, land clean ups, stuff like that.

I'm sure others will pop in here with their ideas, so let's hear them!!!

Old December 18th, 2010   #5
ThrottleJunkie
HARDCORE WEB WHEELER!!!

ThrottleJunkie is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by slvrbck View Post
I am excited for 2011...even thought I won't be here much.

Several of Pat's ideas I have discussed with Ape, like the vendor giveaway, the 'Con/Fordyce run, land clean ups, stuff like that.

I'm sure others will pop in here with their ideas, so let's hear them!!!
Did you mention the "Drink till ya puke"TRG party yet?
I've been training all year for this!

Old December 18th, 2010   #6
slvrbck
HOLDIN' IT DOWN

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrottleJunkie View Post
Did you mention the "Drink till ya puke"TRG party yet?
I've been training all year for this!
I got some practice in last night....these 4 AM mornings are starting to hurt more and more....

Old December 18th, 2010   #7
Bryand
RockGods Member

Bryand is on a distinguished road
i see a problem with a traditional, ALL member invite trail run. it would have to be MILD by some of our standards. i think that is fine, and sounds like fun. make it "family" day as well. maybe something like Lower Bronco, then the big boys can continue and play around in Upper Bronco or something. but, to be successfull, we ALL have to run Lower IMO, to be fair.

maybe Steve's loop, and then some play around in Upper Steve's playground, etc.

The important thing is, you go in as group, and you come out as a group.

catch my drift?
Bryand is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 18th, 2010   #8
Rocky
Wheeler

Rocky is on a distinguished road
I think just keep it the way it is....any-time you change name or add to it...its almost like starting from scratch...but just adding the4x4 to it should prolly be o.k......If I owned the board.... I would put a game of texas hold-em poker in here...at another site they have one and we play poker there... and get to talk smack and its off the broad..so its all good...Any-way I think you guys are doing a way-good job here.....This is the only site I know of that you have freedom of speech...I like that this site respects that right. That so many died for. I dislike those dam Censors that most site's have...Down the road I am going to post up different site's Review's...As far as site Review this site is way-good

Old December 18th, 2010   #9
Rocky
Wheeler

What happens when site's do get big time>>>>is they become advertising whorehouses The Vendors rule the site... not the members that made the site....they no longer have the block party feeling....Those site's that become Advertising Whorehouses get old real fast and only last a-very short time....I have seen this happen more than once when a site gets big...The one's that ruin any good sight is always piss poor management or Mods...most of em are egocentric ass-hole's...The is a solution to this problem I believe...Do like the largest car maker in the world does...They let there members or employees give theme in-put on how to run the show...

Old December 18th, 2010   #10
MR.ROCKAPE
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanD View Post
i see a problem with a traditional, ALL member invite trail run. it would have to be MILD by some of our standards. i think that is fine, and sounds like fun. make it "family" day as well. maybe something like Lower Bronco, then the big boys can continue and play around in Upper Bronco or something. but, to be successfull, we ALL have to run Lower IMO, to be fair.

maybe Steve's loop, and then some play around in Upper Steve's playground, etc.

The important thing is, you go in as group, and you come out as a group.

catch my drift?
WAAAY BACK A COUPLE YEARS AGO WE HAD THAT EXACT RUN.......

IT WAS A WINTER RUN,GO IN THE SLIGHTLY SHORTER WAY ,DROP IN THE MIDDLE OF BRONCO...RUN TO THE BOTTOM,TURN AROUND AND GO BACK UP.....BIGGER RIGS CONTINUE TO PLAY IN UPPER....BUT EXIT THE WAY WE CAME.......

I HAVE NO ISSUE WITH DOING THAT AGAIN.......BUT ON THE SAME NOTE EVERYONE THAT ATTENDS SHOULD HAVE MADE A SUCCESSFUL LOWER BC RUN IN THE PAST....AND LIKELY BE A LIMIT ON THE AMOUNT OF RIGS.......

AND NOT TO PISS ANYONE OFF ,BUT WE LIKE TO THINK OF OURSELVES AS A GROUP OF SELF-SUFFICIENT WHEELS.....BECAUSE THE QUICKEST WAY TO TAKE THE FUN OUT OF A RUN IS TO HAVE TO FIX SOMEONE ELSES RIG BECAUSE THEY NEVER HAVE....OR WORSE....DRAG A DEAD RIG OUT BECAUSE THE DRIVER WAS IN OVER HIS EQUIPMENTS HEAD OR DRIVING SKILL.GRANTED EVERYONE BREAKS....AND I KNOW BRYAND HAS MY BACK ON ALL TOOLS NEEDED!!!!

Quote:
Time and time again you prove you are the biggest idiot on Pirate4x4. God you're a fucking clown.

Last edited by MR.ROCKAPE; December 18th, 2010 at 08:03 PM..

Old December 18th, 2010   #11
Bryand
RockGods Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR.ROCKAPE View Post
GRANTED EVERYONE BREAKS....AND I KNOW BRYAND HAS MY BACK ON ALL TOOLS NEEDED!!!!
yeah, I got your back any day! every dog has it's day. it has been mine before, and my good friends had my back. I try to pay it forward, as my day will come again!

so that lower/upper bronco, full member invite, run sounds good! maybe the wifes/girlfriends can attend too, but as B2krawler said, "not at the same time, that would be awkward!"

Old December 19th, 2010   #12
EastCoast44
HARDCORE WEB WHEELER!!!

EastCoast44 is on a distinguished road
The Steve's Loop run last Halloween was a lot of fun even though it was a cluster fuck and easy. Just getting everyone together to wheel is a good time no matter where you go. Just make sure we invite the fat kid in the red sweatshirt so he can spot everyone through.
EastCoast44 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 19th, 2010   #13
slvrbck
HOLDIN' IT DOWN

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoast44 View Post
The Steve's Loop run last Halloween was a lot of fun even though it was a cluster fuck and easy. Just getting everyone together to wheel is a good time no matter where you go. Just make sure we invite the fat kid in the red sweatshirt so he can spot everyone through.
Gotta dig thru and find pics of that kid!

Can't believe nobody hired him immediately to spot at an upcoming event....

Old December 19th, 2010   #14
Bryand
RockGods Member

Quote:
the Steve's Loop area is a little closer to pavement and shorter in all. might be a better choice, BUT i think Lower Bronco is just that little bit harder. Come awn, we are TRG, we should be able to handle a little bit more than those other guys. i'll make some stickers, "Go Big, or Go Home"!

Old December 19th, 2010   #15
MR.ROCKAPE
BANNED

Quote:
Quote:
the Steve's Loop area is a little closer to pavement and shorter in all. might be a better choice, BUT i think Lower Bronco is just that little bit harder. Come awn, we are TRG, we should be able to handle a little bit more than those other guys. i'll make some stickers, "Go Big, or Go Home"!
YOU GUYS WANNA DO THIS SOME TINE IN JANUARY TO ADD THE ELEMENT OF THE WEATHER OR ???

POST UP SOME DATES AND LET MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!

STEVES LOOP IN THE WINTER.......BC IN THE SUMMER???

Quote:

Old December 19th, 2010   #16
MR.ROCKAPE
BANNED

Quote:
Gotta dig thru and find pics of that kid!

Can't believe nobody hired him immediately to spot at an upcoming event....
WHY YOU TRYING TO HATE ON YOUR REPLACEMENT??? THAT DUDE IS MY SECRET WEAPON!!!!

Quote:

Old December 19th, 2010   #17
slvrbck
HOLDIN' IT DOWN

Quote:
WHY YOU TRYING TO HATE ON YOUR REPLACEMENT??? THAT DUDE IS MY SECRET WEAPON!!!!
Nigga I ain't hatin'....I was hoping you were going to scoop up a high caliber individual like that.....

Wonder if he is a member here???

Old December 19th, 2010   #18
B2Krawler
HARDCORE WEB WHEELER!!!

B2Krawler is on a distinguished road
curious: why change the name? at least TRG sounds good instead of RG, sounds like you want the actual wheeling trips to be organized. I though that is what we were trying to avoid when we were talking about having a "real" club

do you want to change it to generate more revenue?, its not my site, so i dont blame you if that is what you are after. personally i like it the way it is

if you are going to change the name, change it all together to something that is no so pompous/arrogant

or just leave it alone, that works too

plus we just had TRG stickers made

you asked for input

Old December 19th, 2010   #19
jeeper89
WEB WHEELING SAVES MONEY!!!

jeeper89 is on a distinguished road
its just changing the name of the site.. TRG can still be the "name" or the "club group" both are still going to end up at the same forum..

Old December 19th, 2010   #20
B2Krawler
HARDCORE WEB WHEELER!!!

lke i said, its not mine, so whatever

but what is it about dropping "the" from the name, that changes anything, how does it improve the site? seems like such a little change.

it does seem lke a good time to grow the site with all the "new" wheelng in the last few years around here.

good luck

Old December 19th, 2010   #21
ThrottleJunkie
HARDCORE WEB WHEELER!!!

Are you guys still thinking of adding a go fast section?
Maybe replace the SXS section, seems how there is not a lot of action there!
I think a go fast section would be a good crowd to invite, as we could use and share their tech in our sport.

Old December 19th, 2010   #22
slvrbck
HOLDIN' IT DOWN

Quote:
Originally Posted by B2Krawler View Post
lke i said, its not mine, so whatever

but what is it about dropping "the" from the name, that changes anything, how does it improve the site? seems like such a little change.

it does seem lke a good time to grow the site with all the "new" wheelng in the last few years around here.

good luck
It's not the "THE" part. It's the "4x4" part that creates more traffic. Comes up more often in say a Google search, etc.

Old December 19th, 2010   #23
Rocky
Wheeler

Quote:
It's not the "THE" part. It's the "4x4" part that creates more traffic. Comes up more often in say a Google search, etc.
Agree>> 4x4 create's more traffic...Well if thats what they want to do Create More Traffic.....Add the word Boobs instead of 4x4

Old December 19th, 2010   #24
ThrottleJunkie
HARDCORE WEB WHEELER!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
Agree>> 4x4 create's more traffic...Well if thats what they want to do Create More Traffic.....Add the word Boobs instead of 4x4
Hey "THE ROCK BOOBS"..........Does have a nice little ring to it!

Old December 19th, 2010   #25
MR.ROCKAPE
BANNED

LIKE THEY SAID.....ITS MORE ADDING 4X4 TO INCREASE THE TRAFFIC AND IT MAKES THE NAME RECOGNIZEABLE AS A 4X4 SITE.... I BET MOST PEOPLE SEE THEROCKGODS.COM AND THINK....ITS A ROCK MUSIC SITE.......!!!

YES A FEW ORGANIZED RUNS FOR SITE MEMBERS THAT ARENT ALL ROCKIN 40" STICKY TIRES.......

AND YES...THIS PLACE NEEDS TO GENERATE SOME MORE $$$........I WONT LIE THAT BIG BLUE AND I ,DO HAVE TO COME OUT OF OUR POCKETS SOME MONTHS TO COVER THE HOSTING......

I HAD ALSO THOUGHT "THEROCKGODS" WILL STAY AS THE CLUB NAME....

Quote:

Old December 20th, 2010   #26
boxmuncher
Paid Member

boxmuncher is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I HAD ALSO THOUGHT "THEROCKGODS" WILL STAY AS THE CLUB NAME....
Sounds good to me now i don't have to take the stickers off

Old December 21st, 2010   #27
BIG BLUE
Local shit talker

I know I dont wanna have to change my stickers either. They are big green and cool... Besides this way I can pretend im in the club.

Old January 19th, 2011   #28
MR.ROCKAPE
BANNED

WELL IT LOOKS LIKE WE ARE NOW ROCKGODS4X4.COM.......

WE ARE PLANNING TO COME WITH SOME SIMPLE AND CHEAPER STICKERS SO YOU CAN PUT THEM ON YOUR LAWN MOWER......DAILY DRIVER AND IT EVEN MAKES IT EASIER TO "PATCH OVER" YOUR FAVORITE XJ!!!!

Quote:

Old January 19th, 2011   #29
POOR BOY
HARDCORE WEB WHEELER!!!

POOR BOY is on a distinguished road
Quote:
WELL IT LOOKS LIKE WE ARE NOW ROCKGODS4X4.COM.......

WE ARE PLANNING TO COME WITH SOME SIMPLE AND CHEAPER STICKERS SO YOU CAN PUT THEM ON YOUR LAWN MOWER......DAILY DRIVER AND IT EVEN MAKES IT EASIER TO "PATCH OVER" YOUR FAVORITE XJ!!!!
does that mean we are getting rid of the crutch's on the stickers? and if you type in "rockgods4x4.com" it just goes to godaddy.com?

Old January 19th, 2011   #30
BIG BLUE
Local shit talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by poor boy pulling View Post
does that mean we are getting rid of the crutch's on the stickers? and if you type in "rockgods4x4.com" it just goes to godaddy.com?
give a brother a chance to change everything...man. I cant get access to the 2082 port here at work so I will have to add a redirect when I get home.

Old January 19th, 2011   #31
POOR BOY
HARDCORE WEB WHEELER!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG BLUE View Post
give a brother a chance to change everything...man. I cant get access to the 2082 port here at work so I will have to add a redirect when I get home.
no worries just sayin

Old January 19th, 2011   #32
GloNDark
HARDCORE WEB WHEELER!!!

GloNDark is on a distinguished road
AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

GloNDark is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 19th, 2011   #33
RADDONKEY
Paid Member

RADDONKEY is on a distinguished road
Just one step closer to RENO4X4 !! NNOOOOOOOOOO !!!! FREEDOM !!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg braveheartrev03.jpg (24.8 KB, 75 views)
RADDONKEY is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 19th, 2011   #34
BIG BLUE
Local shit talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by RADDONKEY View Post
Just one step closer to RENO4X4 !! NNOOOOOOOOOO !!!! FREEDOM !!!!
That ain't ever gonna happen. We want to grow and I want long haired 80's reject pot heads to stop asking me what therockgods is...We can become therockgods4x4? What ever works I'm pretty easy. And I know skulls are pretty palyed out but I was bored at work today.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sticker.jpg (33.0 KB, 70 views)

Old January 19th, 2011   #35
POOR BOY
HARDCORE WEB WHEELER!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG BLUE View Post
That ain't ever gonna happen. We want to grow and I want long haired 80's reject pot heads to stop asking me what therockgods is...We can become therockgods4x4? What ever works I'm pretty easy. And I know skulls are pretty palyed out but I was bored at work today.
i thought the skull for the club challenge looked good just the cross bone crutches made it alittle to much like jack ass, just my .02 which means nothing haha

Old January 19th, 2011   #36
Mrburns
ooooh-shit

Mrburns is on a distinguished road
are those little sparrows at the bottom of the "4"s ??? talking about played out...

Old January 19th, 2011   #37
rusty_tlc
HARDCORE WEB WHEELER!!!

rusty_tlc is on a distinguished road
Quote:
BC has Lagomarsino petroglyphs close by, that adds something interesting for those SO"s who are not so interested in wheeling.

Old January 19th, 2011   #38
MIGHTYRAM97
HARDCORE WEB WHEELER!!!

MIGHTYRAM97 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty_tlc View Post
BC has Lagomarsino petroglyphs close by, that adds something interesting for those SO"s who are not so interested in wheeling.
Hello !!! Left feild ??? Yeah, home base is calling !!!

Gots somethin in the SKUNKWORKS
MIGHTYRAM97 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 20th, 2011   #39
B2Krawler
HARDCORE WEB WHEELER!!!

i noticed when you dont add "forum" to the link it appears as though the intro page looks incomplete, where is the pic of those five bad ass rigs, and a button to get to the forum.

maybe it works, my work computer is very slow, and nothing is loading for me?

Old January 20th, 2011   #40
MR.ROCKAPE
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by B2Krawler View Post
i noticed when you dont add "forum" to the link it appears as though the intro page looks incomplete, where is the pic of those five bad ass rigs, and a button to get to the forum.

maybe it works, my work computer is very slow, and nothing is loading for me?
I THINK HE IS STILL CHANGING STUFF.....THOUGH IT WAS WORKING FOR ME WHEN I CHECKED YESTERDAY..... I DONT THINK THE NAME CHANGE HAS MADE IT TO THE FRONT PAGE YET....

Quote:

Old January 20th, 2011   #41
MR.ROCKAPE
BANNED

Quote:
I HATE TO SAY IT BUT AN OPEN RUN HERE MEANS EVERYONE IS KINDA EXPECTED TO WHEEL......AT LEAST THE LOWER SECTION....

WIVES OR GIRLFRIENDS THAT DONT LIKE TO WHEEL CAN STAY HOME...OR BRING THE ONE THATS INTO IT!!

Quote:

Old January 20th, 2011   #42
rusty_tlc
HARDCORE WEB WHEELER!!!

Quote:
I HATE TO SAY IT BUT AN OPEN RUN HERE MEANS EVERYONE IS KINDA EXPECTED TO WHEEL......AT LEAST THE LOWER SECTION....

WIVES OR GIRLFRIENDS THAT DONT LIKE TO WHEEL CAN STAY HOME...OR BRING THE ONE THATS INTO IT!!
Why would a side trip to the glyphs stop anybody from wheeling?

Old January 20th, 2011   #43
MR.ROCKAPE
BANNED

Quote:
Why would a side trip to the glyphs stop anybody from wheeling?
NOT AT ALL.....BUT I CANT GUIDE YA THERE.....

Quote:

Old January 20th, 2011   #44
rusty_tlc
HARDCORE WEB WHEELER!!!

Quote:
You really should expose yourself to more culture

Of course culture would cover it's eyes and run away screaming.

Old January 20th, 2011   #45
rusty_tlc
HARDCORE WEB WHEELER!!!

Quote:
WE HERE AT THE TRG.COM HAVE DISCUSSED IT AND FOR THE NEW YEAR THIS PLACE WILL GET A SLIGHT NAME CHANGE IN ORDER TO HELP IDENTIFY WHAT THIS PLACE IS!!!

THE WEBSITE WILL BECOME ROCKGODS4X4.COM BUT THEROCKGODS.COM WILL STILL BRING YOU HERE AS WELL.(BOTH DOMAIN NAMES WILL WORK....)

WE ARE LOOKING TO GROW THIS PLACE FOR THE 2011 YEAR AND BEYOND....

IF ANYONE HAS ANY SUGGESTIONS FOR CHANGES TO THE SITE THIS IS YOUR THREAD...POST UP AND WE WILL TAKE THEM INTO CONSIDERATION!
I think the place could use some new curtains.

Old January 20th, 2011   #46
MR.ROCKAPE
BANNED

Quote:
I think the place could use some new curtains.

THERE......

I WASNT GONNA SHOW THIS ONE.....BUT HERES WHAT WE DID WITH THE OLD CURTAINS.....

Quote:

Old January 20th, 2011   #47
Hardcore-CashMoney
Professional Mall Crawler

Hardcore-CashMoney is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I think i could, we got lost last time and ended up there. They are actually pretty cool to see.
Quote:
-I don't understand the purpose of the line, "I don't need to drink to have fun." Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?
Hardcore-CashMoney is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 20th, 2011   #48
MR.ROCKAPE
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore-CashMoney View Post
I think i could, we got lost last time and ended up there. They are actually pretty cool to see.
I WENT THERE ONCE.......ON THE MYTHICAL RENOXJ BRONCO CANYON RUN.......BEFORE THERE WAS AN UPPER BRONCO!!!

WISH I COULD FIND THE LINK....IT WAS EPIC!!!

Quote:

Old January 20th, 2011   #49
RADDONKEY
Paid Member

I've been there many times, they are some of the best in the country. Its really easy to find.

Old January 20th, 2011   #50
RADDONKEY
Paid Member

Quote:
I think the place could use some new BEEF curtains.
I think this is what he meant!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg beefcutains.jpg (6.0 KB, 87 views)