THEROCKGODS.COM > Technical > Fabrication

User Tag List

Old July 4th, 2009   #1
MR.ROCKAPE
BANNED

MR.ROCKAPE is on a distinguished road
NEW BUGGY IDEAS???

SINCE MY TWO SEATER IS ABOUT 5 YEARS OLD AND JUST A BIT ON THE BIG SIDE TO BE REALLY COMPETITVE IM THINKING ITS TIME FOR A NEW BUILD!!!!

ANY SUGGESTIONS??

MY IDEAS....

V8 POWER
AUTO TRANS
ATLAS OR ???
NARROWED FR 60 REAR 70(SPOOL FRONT,ARB REAR)
CUTTING BRAKES
104-ISH WHEELBASE

IM DEBATING IF I SHOULD SELL MY CURRENT BUGGY OR PART IT INTO THE NEW ONE???

EVEN THOUGH I AM SITTING ON THE AXLES(4.88 ARB'D FR60/14B),STEERING,HEIMS,SHOCKS,TH400 TRANS,DANA300 OR STAK 3 SPEED.......FOR PARTS AS IT IS NOW!!!!

ENGINE CHOICES......

4.3 CHEVY
OLD SCHOOL 5.7 TBI CHEVY
LS1 OR 6.0 LQ9 OUT OF A LATE MODEL ESCALADE.....)

HMMMMMM..........

MY VIDEO!!!--->ITS NEW!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNVguvNE7qc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance View Post
Time and time again you prove you are the biggest idiot on Pirate4x4. God you're a fucking clown.
MR.ROCKAPE is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 4th, 2009   #2
RP Films
Wheeler

RP Films is on a distinguished road
Who you kiddin I know you are taking pics!! lol
RP Films is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 4th, 2009   #3
NoBrainR
Wheeler

NoBrainR is on a distinguished road
KOH rig or just Rock comp ?

Old July 4th, 2009   #4
MR.ROCKAPE
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoBrainR View Post
KOH rig or just Rock comp ?
KOH rig outta my budget...the shocks would be a major expense...... I already have the airshocks Im going to use....and they just dont go fast.

Quote:
Time and time again you prove you are the biggest idiot on Pirate4x4. God you're a fucking clown.

Old July 4th, 2009   #5
NoBrainR
Wheeler

Retire the old comp rig to trail breaking duty.

Run a propane powered high compression 4.3. Leave enough room to the front to switch to the V-8 if needed.

Keep the one tons stock width with the ARB's both f/r ends, but get the narrow width with H1's recentered to get the width you want.

Old July 5th, 2009   #6
1SAWB
HARDCORE WEB WHEELER!!!

1SAWB is on a distinguished road
NARROW YOUR 60 ?!?!?!?!?!?! AND AFTER ALL THE SHIT YOU GAVE ME FOR NARROWING MINE.

I WOULD BUILD A NEW CHASSIS. NARROW THE AXLES, RUN AN LS SERIES ENGINE AND THE TH400 BUY AN ATLAS AND.............................................. WAIT THIS SOUND'S LIKE MY RIG

AFTER LOOKING AT TON'S OF COMP RIG'S, REC RIG'S ,TALKING TO PEOPLE THAT HAVE WHEELED FROM CALI TO MAINE AND WATCHING SHIT LOAD'S OF WHEELING VIDEO'S I DESIDED TO NARROW MY FRONT AND RUN DUALLY HUBS IN THE REAR. MY MAIN REASON WAS WITH NARROWER AXLES YOU DONT HAVE TO WORK AT GETTING THRU SOME OBSTICAL'S. MY FEELING IS THAT IT'S STILL A GIVE AND TAKE BUT I'LL BE LOW ENOUGH WHERE THE WIDTH WONT BE TO BIG OF A DEAL. I WILL NEVER COMPETE IM MY RIG BUT I ALSO PLAN ON RUNNING ARB REAR WITH CUTTING BRAKES.

Old July 5th, 2009   #7
MR.ROCKAPE
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1SAWB View Post
NARROW YOUR 60 ?!?!?!?!?!?! AND AFTER ALL THE SHIT YOU GAVE ME FOR NARROWING MINE.

I WOULD BUILD A NEW CHASSIS. NARROW THE AXLES, RUN AN LS SERIES ENGINE AND THE TH400 BUY AN ATLAS AND.............................................. WAIT THIS SOUND'S LIKE MY RIG

AFTER LOOKING AT TON'S OF COMP RIG'S, REC RIG'S ,TALKING TO PEOPLE THAT HAVE WHEELED FROM CALI TO MAINE AND WATCHING SHIT LOAD'S OF WHEELING VIDEO'S I DESIDED TO NARROW MY FRONT AND RUN DUALLY HUBS IN THE REAR. MY MAIN REASON WAS WITH NARROWER AXLES YOU DONT HAVE TO WORK AT GETTING THRU SOME OBSTICAL'S. MY FEELING IS THAT IT'S STILL A GIVE AND TAKE BUT I'LL BE LOW ENOUGH WHERE THE WIDTH WONT BE TO BIG OF A DEAL. I WILL NEVER COMPETE IM MY RIG BUT I ALSO PLAN ON RUNNING ARB REAR WITH CUTTING BRAKES.
AT THIS POINT IM READY TO VENTURE INTO UNCHARTERED WATERS WITH THE AXLES....IM NOT SUPER HAPPY ABOUT HAVING TO HAVE CUSTOM INNER AXLE LENGTHS UP FRONT ESPECIALLY SINCE MINE ALREADY HAVE THE BLING BRANIK TIGHT STEERING MACHINING DONE TO THEM.......ILL SEND THOSE AND GET THEM NARROWED BUT SPARES ARE GONNA BE A PAIN IN THE ASS!!!

IM THINKING TH350 BECAUSE OF THE LENGTH DIFFERENCE...STILL DEBATING ON THE STAK 3 SPEED I ALREADY OWN AS WELL........:frown:

IM GONNA GET AFTER TRYING TO FIND AN ENGINE THIS WEEK..........

STILL ON THE FENCE ABOUT PARTING MY OTHER RIG.....I MAY JUST BORROW SOME OF THE NICER STUFF(AXLE SHAFTS,SEATS,WINCH,WHEELS/TIRES.....) TO HELP LESS'N THE BLOW OF A NEW RIG.......SINCE IM CURRENTLY UNEMPLOYED.......:frown:

IF I HAVE MY WAY ABOUT THIS I WOULD LIKE TO BE BENDING TUBE WITHIN THE NEXT TWO WEEKS!!!!!CHASSIS DESIGN IS PRETTY MUCH LOCKED DOWN!!!!

Quote:

Old July 5th, 2009   #8
CATALYST
HARDCORE WEB WHEELER!!!

CATALYST is on a distinguished road
NEW HAIR STYLE IDEAS ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR.ROCKAPE View Post
SINCE MY TWO SEATER IS ABOUT 5 YEARS OLD AND JUST A BIT ON THE BIG SIDE TO BE REALLY COMPETITVE IM THINKING ITS TIME FOR A NEW BUILD!!!!

ANY SUGGESTIONS??

MY IDEAS....

V8 POWER
AUTO TRANS
ATLAS OR ???
CUTTING BRAKES
104-ISH WHEELBASE

EVEN THOUGH I AM SITTING ON THE AXLES(4.88 ARB'D FR60/14B),STEERING,HEIMS,SHOCKS,TH400 TRANS,DANA300 OR STAK 3 SPEED.......FOR PARTS AS IT IS NOW!!!!

ENGINE CHOICES......

4.3 CHEVY
OLD SCHOOL 5.7 TBI CHEVY

HMMMMMM..........
SINCE MY HAIRSTYLE IS ABOUT 5 YEARS OLD NOW AND A BIT ON THE LONGSIDE TO BE STYLISH I'M THINKIN IT'S TIME FOR A NEW DO .

ANY SUGGESTIONS ???

MY IDEAS ..............

BLONDE POWER
RED HIGHLIGHTS
BURNT SIENNA OR ???
TRIM THE BANGS TO NARROW THE FACE (BUSINESS UP FRONT PARTY IN THE REAR)
CUTTING THE ENDS
104" -ISH LENGTH

I'M DEBATING WETHER I SHOULD PATENT THE OLD STYLE OR INCORPORATE IT INTO THE NEW ONE ??

EVEN THOUGH I'M SPORTING THE DIRTY DISH WATER BLONDE , SAME LENGTH , PART IN THE MIDDLE FOR A STYLE AS IT IS NOW !!

CUT CHOICES...........

SLIGHTLY SHORT
BEE-HIVE
OR A LATE STYLE WEAVE AND LAY OVER

HMMMMMM....................
CATALYST is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 5th, 2009   #9
MR.ROCKAPE
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by CATALYST View Post
SINCE MY HAIRSTYLE IS ABOUT 5 YEARS OLD NOW AND A BIT ON THE LONGSIDE TO BE STYLISH I'M THINKIN IT'S TIME FOR A NEW DO .

ANY SUGGESTIONS ???

MY IDEAS ..............

BLONDE POWER
RED HIGHLIGHTS
BURNT SIENNA OR ???
TRIM THE BANGS TO NARROW THE FACE (BUSINESS UP FRONT PARTY IN THE REAR)
CUTTING THE ENDS
104" -ISH LENGTH

I'M DEBATING WETHER I SHOULD PATENT THE OLD STYLE OR INCORPORATE IT INTO THE NEW ONE ??

EVEN THOUGH I'M SPORTING THE DIRTY DISH WATER BLONDE , SAME LENGTH , PART IN THE MIDDLE FOR A STYLE AS IT IS NOW !!

CUT CHOICES...........

SLIGHTLY SHORT
BEE-HIVE
OR A LATE STYLE WEAVE AND LAY OVER

HMMMMMM....................
WOW...JUST WOW......

NEXT TIME YOU SEE ME ILL BE BALD.....JUST LIKE THE "BOYS".......

Quote:

Old July 5th, 2009   #10
EastCoast44
HARDCORE WEB WHEELER!!!

EastCoast44 is on a distinguished road
Quote:

ANY SUGGESTIONS??

MY IDEAS....

V8 POWER
AUTO TRANS
ATLAS OR ???
CUTTING BRAKES
104-ISH WHEELBASE

ENGINE CHOICES......

4.3 CHEVY
OLD SCHOOL 5.7 TBI CHEVY

HMMMMMM..........
Some of the LS V8's are pretty cheap, but yes the oiling sucks with a car pan! The trap door pan seems to fix it though. Didn't you say something about an LT-1?

If you want to go fast once in a while run the 3 speed case or maybe a 700r4 with a 2 t-case speed case.

Then again, if you don't have the shocks to go fast why gear it to go fast? If you can't gear it to go fast you might as well put a V6 in it! You don't need more than 240hp to get up B7!

Give me a call this week because I'm ready to order tubing too! I want to start building soon!
EastCoast44 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 5th, 2009   #11
MR.ROCKAPE
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoast44 View Post
Some of the LS V8's are pretty cheap, but yes the oiling sucks with a car pan! The trap door pan seems to fix it though. Didn't you say something about an LT-1?

If you want to go fast once in a while run the 3 speed case or maybe a 700r4 with a 2 t-case speed case.

Then again, if you don't have the shocks to go fast why gear it to go fast? If you can't gear it to go fast you might as well put a V6 in it! You don't need more than 240hp to get up B7!

Give me a call this week because I'm ready to order tubing too! I want to start building soon!
YEAH I USED THE LT1 FOR A SWAP INTO A CLASSIC CAR......:frown:

I THINK PART OF ITS JUST WANTING TO BUILD SOMETHING NEW........

I THINK THE LS THING IS THATS IT IS MORE OF A NO BRAINER THESE DAYS...CHEAPER THAN EVEN AN OLD SCHOOL SMALL BLOCK......MAYBE CLOSE TO A 4.3 SWAP IN PRICE AFTER YOU SCREW AROUND WITH THE HARNESS.

PERSONALLY I WANNA BUILD BOTH!!!!NEW V8 COMP BUGGY AS WELL AS SOMETHING CLOSE TO YOUR FLATTY WITH A V6/AUTO.....HELL IF I PART THE CURRENT BUGGY I HAVE ENOUGH PARTS!!!!

IF I PARTED THE CURRENT RIG THIS IS MY PARTS LIST....

4.3/TH350/STAK D300<----RUNNING PKG W/HARNESS
STAK 3 SPEED
60/14B 4.56 ARB FR/REAR-W/BRANIK SHAFTS
60/14B 4.88 ARB FR/DET REAR
DANA 70U REAR 5.89 WELDED
D300 4:1 TERALOW GEARS STOCK OUTPUTS
GOOD 4WD TH400
GOOD 4WD TH350
2) TH400 TO DANA 300 OR ATLAS/STAK ADAPTERS
WALKER B/LOCKS 17X8
8 TONYK AIR SHOCKS
ENOUGH FOR 2 HYDRO STEERING SET-UPS
BRAKES PEDAL/MASTER CYLS/CUTTING BRAKES
ONE PR SEATS,HARNESSES.......
PLENTY OF FUEL CELLS.....
FEW ALUMINUM RADIATORS....

IM SURE THERE IS MORE I FORGOT!!!

DAMN THE DECISIONS!!!!

Quote:

Last edited by MR.ROCKAPE; July 5th, 2009 at 06:54 PM..

Old July 5th, 2009   #12
Dnmeistr
Wheeler

Dnmeistr is on a distinguished road
I would part the rig it is not like you have a lot of money into the chassis, you could sell it but then you would have to buy all those parts again. And why not suck the tires in with offset wheels to match the 63" 14 bolt downside is your front hubs stick out but not that bad with flanges and you dont have to worry about special ordering axles. Are you looking into making a twisted customs chassi look alike.

Old July 5th, 2009   #13
Bryand
RockGods Member

Bryand is on a distinguished road
your 2 seater works pretty good for comps. i don't think to canobolizing it into a new JH Willys buggy will give you the same results. i think part of its success is the 4cyl engine, and overall light weight.

like Jesse said, you really don't need V8 power for a comp rig. your style from what i've seen has been to build & design out of necessity - having an LS based buggy is JUST FUN!

it sounds like you just need to canobolize the 2 seater into a new smaller/compact design for comps, and build the 4 seater / V8 buggy just for fun, not to compete with.

could you go with some bigger back space wheels to narrow it up some? Samco had some pretty nice ones over there last time that have more backspace than the WE's.
Bryand is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 5th, 2009   #14
Robicon
Why is all the rum gone?

Robicon is on a distinguished road
You already have the advice you want, even before you posted this...

Just build the damn thing already

Oh yeah, I think Lisa should rock a serious mullet
Robicon is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 6th, 2009   #15
MR.ROCKAPE
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnmeistr View Post
I would part the rig it is not like you have a lot of money into the chassis, you could sell it but then you would have to buy all those parts again. And why not suck the tires in with offset wheels to match the 63" 14 bolt downside is your front hubs stick out but not that bad with flanges and you dont have to worry about special ordering axles. Are you looking into making a twisted customs chassi look alike.
YEAH THE CURRENT WHEELS ARE THE MOST BACKSPACED I COULD BUY OFF THE SHELF BACK WHEN I BUILT IT.......AND MY FLANGE COVERS ARE PRETTY BEAT AS IT IS.IM AT 81-82" WIDE UP FRONT NOW AND WOULD LIKE TO BE IN THE 76-77 RANGE....IM NOT SURE I COULD DO IT WITH JUST BACK SPACE.....AND IF I DID IN SURE I WOULD STILL HIT CONES WITH THE ENDS OF THE HUBS AS THEY WOULD STICK OUT AT LEAST 2" MORE!!!!:frown:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanD View Post
your 2 seater works pretty good for comps. i don't think to canobolizing it into a new JH Willys buggy will give you the same results. i think part of its success is the 4cyl engine, and overall light weight.

like Jesse said, you really don't need V8 power for a comp rig. your style from what i've seen has been to build & design out of necessity - having an LS based buggy is JUST FUN!

it sounds like you just need to canobolize the 2 seater into a new smaller/compact design for comps, and build the 4 seater / V8 buggy just for fun, not to compete with.

could you go with some bigger back space wheels to narrow it up some? Samco had some pretty nice ones over there last time that have more backspace than the WE's.
ILL AGREE I LIKE MY CURRENT BUGGY NOW,ITS LARGER SIZE MAKE IT DO ALOT OF THINGS WELL,BUT ON A DOWNSIDE IT LEAVES ALITTLE TO BE DESIRED WHEN DODGING CONES FOR THE SAME REASON I LIKE IT.....:redface:

IM NOT SURE A TINY 60 DEGREE V6/TF904 AUTO TRANS WOULD BE ALOT HEAVIER THAN THE "RENTALS" 4BANGER MANUAL SET-UP.........IM NOT SURE BUT EVEN FOR A TRAIL RIG HIS DOES PRETTY WELL.

I THINK IM JUST BEING TRENDY WITH WANTING A V8 ,BUT MY CURRENT V6 LACKS AT TIMES IN THE HP DEPT......(I AM ACTUALLY PLANNING TO SWAP OUT THE SUPERTRAPP ON MY TWO SEATER AS WELL AS SWAPPING OUT MY PCM FOR A TUNED ONE IN HOPES OF GETTING BETTER PERFORMANCE OUT OF MY BUGGY FOR THE FINAL COMP.....AT LEAST IT SHOULD LOSE ITS TRACTOR-LIKE SOUND!!!!)

IM KINDA OVER THE FOUR SEATER IDEA AT THIS POINT SINCE THE GREEN YJ IS GETTING CLOSE.......PLUS I GOT A FEW MORE YEARS BEFORE I NEED TO SCARE THE FAMILY ALL AT ONCE!!!!

Quote:

Old July 6th, 2009   #16
EastCoast44
HARDCORE WEB WHEELER!!!

EastCoast44 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
IM NOT SURE A TINY 60 DEGREE V6/TF904 AUTO TRANS WOULD BE ALOT HEAVIER THAN THE "RENTALS" 4BANGER MANUAL SET-UP.........IM NOT SURE BUT EVEN FOR A TRAIL RIG HIS DOES PRETTY WELL.
Very close to the same weight. The motor is 10 lbs heavier and the trans is a little lighter. Overall length is a couple inches shorter.

Narrowing the axles is not that big of a deal to do. Everyone is acting like its expensive and incredibly difficult. Including shipping, its not much over $150 to re-spline the axles, and narrowing the housing can be done in a couple hours.
EastCoast44 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 6th, 2009   #17
MR.ROCKAPE
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoast44 View Post
Very close to the same weight. The motor is 10 lbs heavier and the trans is a little lighter. Overall length is a couple inches shorter.

Narrowing the axles is not that big of a deal to do. Everyone is acting like its expensive and incredibly difficult. Including shipping, its not much over $150 to re-spline the axles, and narrowing the housing can be done in a couple hours.
YEAH AFTER TALKING TO YOU ABOUT DOING IT, IM NOT TOO WORRIED ABOUT THAT PART.

I MAY JUST ORDER SOME 2X3 WITH MY ROUND TUBE ORDER AND PUT TOGETHER A FLATTY FOR SOME OF OUR EXTREME TRAIL RIDES!!!!

NOW IM ALL AMP'D UP ON BUILDING A NEW RIG....OR TWO,IM NOT GONNA SLEEP FOR A FEW WEEKS!!!

Quote:

Old July 6th, 2009   #18
Bryand
RockGods Member

these days with the price of a good bead lock, its probably cheaper to narrow the axle. and you just got get over having "custom" length shafts, thats just life.

you need to figure out your "smoke machine" issue too. i have had GREAT success with running both valve covers to the exhaust fitting. no more smoke for me, plus they say a little vacuum on the crankcase give horsepower, but who knows, its not like i could feel it.

i liked my 4.3 with the 40 series Flowmaster. i think it was about as good as you could get a 4.3 to sound like an 8.

and like i said, a V8 buggy is JUST FUN - NOW DO IT!

Old July 6th, 2009   #19
1SAWB
HARDCORE WEB WHEELER!!!

1SAWB is on a distinguished road
MEASURE THE LONG SIDE AXLE YOU HAVE NOW AND LOOK INTO WHAT LONG SIDE IS A STOCK LENGTH AND NARROW TO THAT LENGTH THEN YOU ONLY DO ONE SIDE
WHEN WE NARROWED MINE IT CAME OUT TO BE FACTORY FORD SIDE ON THE SHORT INNER. AND THE LONG IS CUSTOM BUT IM SHOOTING FOR 300M'S

Old July 6th, 2009   #20
wix
Hella sweet

wix is on a distinguished road
I thought for sure you would run a set of portals!!!
wix is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 6th, 2009   #21
POOR BOY
HARDCORE WEB WHEELER!!!

POOR BOY is on a distinguished road
just part the buggy and sell the chassis to me
POOR BOY is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 6th, 2009   #22
BIG BLUE
Local shit talker

BIG BLUE is on a distinguished road
Hmm Im up in the air on whether to part or sell whole. You have the parts needed to build a new buggy so I lean more towards selling it whole...look forward to seeing the new rig and since you have lots of free time I expect to see it done right quick!!!

It's people like you that make me look smart.

I am very sensative to a womans needs...thats why I always buy them kneepads!

Don't you know who I think I am!!!!!
BIG BLUE is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 6th, 2009   #23
DSI
HARDCORE WEB WHEELER!!!

DSI is on a distinguished road
When did you become unejoyed again? thought you were the new mac pimp daddy @ ORI?

something else to concider is, would selling the current car complete give you enough cash to buy all the remaining part's for the new car, and maybe come out ahead?
DSI is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 6th, 2009   #24
slvrbck
HOLDIN' IT DOWN

slvrbck is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSI View Post
When did you become unejoyed again? thought you were the new mac pimp daddy @ ORI?

something else to concider is, would selling the current car complete give you enough cash to buy all the remaining part's for the new car, and maybe come out ahead?
That's what I was thinking....

with all the other parts you have, i.e. axles, stak 3 spd, trans....etc., plus selling the other buggy whole, you should be way up in the game!!

Old July 6th, 2009   #25
MR.ROCKAPE
BANNED

Quote:

THEY LET ME GO LAST WEEK......I WAS RAISING THE PROPERTY VALUE TOO HIGH WITH MY NEW FOUND FAME.......

YEAH I KEEP GOING BACK AND FOURTH PART IT/SELL IT....TODAY I WAS THINKING IF I PART IT I COULD KNOCK OUT A NEW PRO-MOD CAR QUICK AND BUILD ME MY OWN "RENTAL" WITH THE OTHER AXLES AND D300.......IF I DO THAT LOOK FOR THE THREAD TITLED......."IM GETTING A DIVORCE BUILDS"

BTW.....WHAT DO YOU THINK MY CURRENT BUGGY IS WORTH???
Quote:
Originally Posted by slvrbck View Post
That's what I was thinking....

with all the other parts you have, i.e. axles, stak 3 spd, trans....etc., plus selling the other buggy whole, you should be way up in the game!!
AFTER THE NEW MUFFLER AND COMPUTER SWAP TODAY IM THINKING YOU MIGHT FALL IN LOVE WITH MY CURRENT BUGGY ALL OVER AGAIN!!!! IT IS SO QUIET AT IDLE YOU CANT TELL ITS RUNNING....AND THE OFF IDLE HESITATION IS GONE(FRONT AND REAR BURNS ARE EASIER FO SHO!!!).....IT DID GAIN A CHECK ENGINE LIGHT THOUGH........:frown:

AND POORBOY......I THINK I WILL SELL THAT CHASSIS WITH THE 4.3 AND HARNESS/EXHAUST IT CAN BE COMPLETE AS YOU ARE WILLING TO PAY FOR IT!!!

Quote:

Old July 6th, 2009   #26
slvrbck
HOLDIN' IT DOWN

slvrbck is on a distinguished road
Quote:

AFTER THE NEW MUFFLER AND COMPUTER SWAP TODAY IM THINKING YOU MIGHT FALL IN LOVE WITH MY CURRENT BUGGY ALL OVER AGAIN!!!! IT IS SO QUIET AT IDLE YOU CANT TELL ITS RUNNING....AND THE OFF IDLE HESITATION IS GONE(FRONT AND REAR BURNS ARE EASIER FO SHO!!!).....IT DID GAIN A CHECK ENGINE LIGHT THOUGH........:frown:

time for a practice run huh??

Old July 7th, 2009   #27
MR.ROCKAPE
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by slvrbck View Post
time for a practice run huh??
YEAH ITS TIME......

Quote:

Old July 7th, 2009   #28
Bryand
RockGods Member

Quote:
THEY LET ME GO LAST WEEK......I WAS RAISING THE PROPERTY VALUE TOO HIGH WITH MY NEW FOUND FAME.......

you serious about the ORI thing? i can't tell sometimes.

and, it's probably not what the buggy is worth, but could you even sell it these days. unless you "fire" sale it, not much is moving these days. i have a couple things i would sell, but no one has ANY money right now, so i'm just keeping them.

Old July 7th, 2009   #29
jeeper89
WEB WHEELING SAVES MONEY!!!

jeeper89 is on a distinguished road
Quote:

i heard he got fired for not showing up... something about his head was too big to fit in the front door?

Old July 7th, 2009   #30
Bryand
RockGods Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeper89 View Post
i heard he got fired for not showing up... something about his head was too big to fit in the front door?
that must be a side-effect of being RTI Ramp champion!

Old July 7th, 2009   #31
DSI
HARDCORE WEB WHEELER!!!

Quote:
It's your story...

Quote:

In today's market? 12-15k would send it away pretty quickly.

Old July 7th, 2009   #32
Connect
O||||O

Connect is on a distinguished road
Quote:
$16k
http://pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=799834

$13.5K
http://pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=791805

$9.5k
http://pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=776691

I'd say you fit in that price range compared to other things selling right now on Pirate, but obviously it's going to be easier to sell it under what it's actually worth.

Live FAST, Die BROKE!
Connect is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 8th, 2009   #33
MR.ROCKAPE
BANNED

Quote:
It's your story...

IM LEANING TOWARD SELLING IT LIKE YOU SOLD YOURS TO JEEPER,BASICALLY WITH A STOCK D300 ENGINE/TRANS.MINUS AXLES, SEATS ,WINCH....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connect View Post
$16k
http://pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=799834

$13.5K
http://pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=791805

$9.5k
http://pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=776691

I'd say you fit in that price range compared to other things selling right now on Pirate, but obviously it's going to be easier to sell it under what it's actually worth.
AS SOON AS THE FINAL EVENT RUNS FOR CAL-ROCS MAYBE ILL TRY SELLING IT WHOLE......

ON A SIDE NOTE...DO YOU NEED SOME TUBE??? PLUS WHATS THE LATEST DEAL ON A LQ9???

Quote:

Old July 8th, 2009   #34
MR.ROCKAPE
BANNED

Quote:

and, it's probably not what the buggy is worth, but could you even sell it these days. unless you "fire" sale it, not much is moving these days. i have a couple things i would sell, but no one has ANY money right now, so i'm just keeping them.
NO JOKE.......

Quote:

Old July 8th, 2009   #35
NoBrainR
Wheeler

From what I've seen, it seems you get more from parting it out than a "whole" sale. You'd make more, even if you "gave" poor boy the chassis.

Old July 8th, 2009   #36
Connect
O||||O

Quote:
ON A SIDE NOTE...DO YOU NEED SOME TUBE??? PLUS WHATS THE LATEST DEAL ON A LQ9???
I do need some tube, 4 sticks of 1.75" .120 wall DOM and 2 sticks of .120 wall 1.5".

LQ9 is probably about the same as it was last time, but I'd have to double check.

Live FAST, Die BROKE!

Old July 8th, 2009   #37
DSI
HARDCORE WEB WHEELER!!!

Quote:
LQ9 is probably about the same as it was last time, but I'd have to double check.

Unfortunatly i tried to get one of my V2R team members one here recently, and the price wasn't nearly as nice as it was when we got ours. That was a special deal with an expiration date.

Old July 8th, 2009   #38
POOR BOY
HARDCORE WEB WHEELER!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoBrainR View Post
From what I've seen, it seems you get more from parting it out than a "whole" sale. You'd make more, even if you "gave" poor boy the chassis.
see i like that idea!!!!!

Old July 8th, 2009   #39
Robicon
Why is all the rum gone?

Robicon is on a distinguished road
You could always just buy this one to compete with next year...

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=802030
Robicon is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 8th, 2009   #40
MR.ROCKAPE
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robicon View Post

Yeah other than the v8 I think I got more bling........

Quote:

Old July 9th, 2009   #41
Poison Arrow

Poison Arrow is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robicon View Post

Yeah I think you could get a pretty good deal after Donner
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 129sm.jpg (118.1 KB, 216 views)
Poison Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 12th, 2009   #42
MR.ROCKAPE
BANNED

YEAH HIS BUGGY GOT USED!!!!

ON A SIDE NOTE THE PARTS GATHER HAS BEGUN....

SCORED A SET OF BLOCK HUGGER HEADERS AT SUMMIT TODAY FOR $100 OFF THE JUNK SHELF......SAVED ABOUT A $100 FOR THEM BEING PRE-TEST DRIVEN!!!

GONNA TRY TO GET THE MOTOR COMING TOMORROW AND MAKE A TRIP BACK OUT TO P-N FOR A DANA 70U THAT IS ALREADY 65" WMS-WMS...

HAVE DECIDED TO SELL MY STAK 3 SPEED(PASS DROP 1350 FRONT/1410 REAR YOKES 1:1 3:1 5:44:1.....$2500 AND I EVEN HAVE A TH400 ADAPTER THAT I WILL LET GOT WITH IT,HELL ILL LET THE TH400 THAT HAS THE CORRECT OUTPUT GO WITH IT TOO FOR AN ADDED COST...PM ME FOR DETAILS!!! )

I THINK I FOUND A HARNESS/ECU/LSI INTAKE/OIL PAN/FUEL RAIL......FOR A SMOKEN DEAL AS WELL!!!!

MAJOR ITEMS STILL NEEDED......ATLAS T-CASE,REAR 70U ARB,TH350 TO ATLAS ADAPTER......

Quote:

Old July 13th, 2009   #43
Connect
O||||O

Quote:
YEAH HIS BUGGY GOT USED!!!!

ON A SIDE NOTE THE PARTS GATHER HAS BEGUN....

SCORED A SET OF BLOCK HUGGER HEADERS AT SUMMIT TODAY FOR $100 OFF THE JUNK SHELF......SAVED ABOUT A $100 FOR THEM BEING PRE-TEST DRIVEN!!!

GONNA TRY TO GET THE MOTOR COMING TOMORROW AND MAKE A TRIP BACK OUT TO P-N FOR A DANA 70U THAT IS ALREADY 65" WMS-WMS...

HAVE DECIDED TO SELL MY STAK 3 SPEED(PASS DROP 1350 FRONT/1410 REAR YOKES 1:1 3:1 5:44:1.....$2500 AND I EVEN HAVE A TH400 ADAPTER THAT I WILL LET GOT WITH IT,HELL ILL LET THE TH400 THAT HAS THE CORRECT OUTPUT GO WITH IT TOO FOR AN ADDED COST...PM ME FOR DETAILS!!! )

I THINK I FOUND A HARNESS/ECU/LSI INTAKE/OIL PAN/FUEL RAIL......FOR A SMOKEN DEAL AS WELL!!!!

MAJOR ITEMS STILL NEEDED......ATLAS T-CASE,REAR 70U ARB,TH350 TO ATLAS ADAPTER......
What about the Rental??

Live FAST, Die BROKE!

Old July 13th, 2009   #44
Bryand
RockGods Member

Come On!, can't you give us a "teaser" image of the chassis? i know you got it all in bend-tech.

Old July 13th, 2009   #45
MR.ROCKAPE
BANNED

Quote:
What about the Rental??
IM STILL LOOKING FOR A TRANS AS THAT THE KEY TO THAT BUILD....ENGINE IS EASY,GOT THE 4:1 D300 BACK THAT WAS IN MY RIG ORIGINALLY....AND IF I PART MY CURRENT RIG I SHOULD HAVE MOST EVERYTHING ELSE!!!

Quote:
Come On!, can't you give us a "teaser" image of the chassis? i know you got it all in bend-tech.
I DO, BUT IM NOT SURE IM EVEN GONNA HAVE A BUILD THREAD SINCE THE SHIT STORM FROM MY DESIGN THAT BORROWS HEAVILY ON SOMEONE ELSES RIG........

Quote:

Old July 13th, 2009   #46
Connect
O||||O

Quote:
I DO, BUT IM NOT SURE IM EVEN GONNA HAVE A BUILD THREAD SINCE THE SHIT STORM FROM MY DESIGN THAT BORROWS HEAVILY ON SOMEONE ELSES RIG........
So give them mad credit, and build away. What's gonna be worse, the talk behind your back about the copied build that Rockape is doing... or the minor flaming you'll receive on the local board about being a poser!

Unless it's Shaffer's design, then you should probably just never let it see the light of day...

Live FAST, Die BROKE!

Old July 13th, 2009   #47
MR.ROCKAPE
BANNED

Quote:
So give them mad credit, and build away. What's gonna be worse, the talk behind your back about the copied build that Rockape is doing... or the minor flaming you'll receive on the local board about being a poser!

Unless it's Shaffer's design, then you should probably just never let it see the light of day...
WHN IM READY ILL SHOW IT OFF AND PROBABLY JUST DUB IT "THE REPLICANT" !!!

AND SHAFFER DOES CHASSIS???

I CAN TELL YOU I HAVE ATLEAST TWO TO BUILD POSSIBLY THREE.......

BTW...YOUR HOMIE GAVE THE DEEP DEAL ON THAT 6.0........

Quote:

Old July 13th, 2009   #48
POOR BOY
HARDCORE WEB WHEELER!!!

Quote:
IM STILL LOOKING FOR A TRANS AS THAT THE KEY TO THAT BUILD....ENGINE IS EASY,GOT THE 4:1 D300 BACK THAT WAS IN MY RIG ORIGINALLY....AND IF I PART MY CURRENT RIG I SHOULD HAVE MOST EVERYTHING ELSE!!!

let me know if you do plan on selling it!!!! im still wanting to build somthing with less sheet metal

Old July 13th, 2009   #49
DSI
HARDCORE WEB WHEELER!!!

Quote:

It's either a replica of Jesse's KOH car, or my old car Jeeper owns now....

Old July 13th, 2009   #50
Dnmeistr
Wheeler

Dnmeistr is on a distinguished road
or Twisted Customs, who would care if he copied Jesse's chassi or yours.