THEROCKGODS.COM > Technical > Fabrication

User Tag List

Old July 26th, 2007   #51
wix
Hella sweet

wix is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connect View Post
Looking at wrecked TJ's?? Do tell. I might be in need of a project to put my axles under :)
Ill give ya hint, they put WRECKED vehicles there, and there are a few in reno.
wix is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 27th, 2007   #52
BIG BLUE
Local shit talker

BIG BLUE is on a distinguished road
Are you talking about the LithiaDealrship on Mills St? Or are you talking about L.D. front yard? Damn I was never good at these guessing games..I need more hints!

It's people like you that make me look smart.

I am very sensative to a womans needs...thats why I always buy them kneepads!

Don't you know who I think I am!!!!!
BIG BLUE is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 27th, 2007   #53
MR.ROCKAPE
BANNED

MR.ROCKAPE is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG BLUE View Post
Are you talking about the LithiaDealrship on Mills St? Or are you talking about L.D. front yard? Damn I was never good at these guessing games..I need more hints!
WRECKING YARD???LD IS A TOYOTA JUNK DEALER....GET IT RIGHT!!!!

MY VIDEO!!!--->ITS NEW!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNVguvNE7qc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance View Post
Time and time again you prove you are the biggest idiot on Pirate4x4. God you're a fucking clown.
MR.ROCKAPE is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 27th, 2007   #54
Connect
O||||O

Connect is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by wixjp1 View Post
Ill give ya hint, they put WRECKED vehicles there, and there are a few in reno.
Oh OH OH!!! I got this one!!!! Your Talking about WAL-MART right??? :tongue: :Smile:

Live FAST, Die BROKE!
Connect is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 27th, 2007   #55
L.D.
redneck renagade

L.D. is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR.ROCKAPE View Post
WRECKING YARD???LD IS A TOYOTA JUNK DEALER....GET IT RIGHT!!!!
but my WIFE just brought home ANOTHER '92 burb (like one wasn't enough)
L.D. is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 5th, 2007   #56
wix
Hella sweet

winter is comming and im gonna start tearing this thing apart. Got the mogs moved into my garage and got my new rubber today. Gonna start ordering all the brackets and other goodies i need to get this thing rollin!

42" Iroks next to the 35's

Old November 6th, 2007   #57
MR.ROCKAPE
BANNED

LOOKS LIKE YOU GOT SOME PARTS TO INSTALL!!!!ARE YOU GONNA LINK IT ALL THE WAY AROUND???SHOCKS,COILS, COIL-OVERS???

Quote:
Time and time again you prove you are the biggest idiot on Pirate4x4. God you're a fucking clown.

Old November 6th, 2007   #58
wix
Hella sweet

Quote:
LOOKS LIKE YOU GOT SOME PARTS TO INSTALL!!!!ARE YOU GONNA LINK IT ALL THE WAY AROUND???SHOCKS,COILS, COIL-OVERS???
3 link the rear. 4 link in the front. Was gonna use air shocks but now im leaning toward zj coils and I might be able to use the RE shocks I already have. on the jeep. Gonna convert it to disc brakes all around and I think I just scored a set of 17" h2 wheels for free.

Old November 6th, 2007   #59
MR.ROCKAPE
BANNED

Quote:
3 link the rear. 4 link in the front. Was gonna use air shocks but now im leaning toward zj coils and I might be able to use the RE shocks I already have. on the jeep. Gonna convert it to disc brakes all around and I think I just scored a set of 17" h2 wheels for free.
I WOULD GET AHOLD OF PJ AND LOOK AT HIS SO YOU CAN FIGURE OUT WHAT YOU DONT WANNA DO!!!!OR CONTACT JAKE(KINGBLING HERE)AND SEE IF HE CAN GIVE YOU SOME ADVICE FOR PROBLEMS YOU CAN AND WILL RUN INTO INSTALLING THESE!!!!!

Quote:

Old November 6th, 2007   #60
wix
Hella sweet

Quote:
I WOULD GET AHOLD OF PJ AND LOOK AT HIS SO YOU CAN FIGURE OUT WHAT YOU DONT WANNA DO!!!!OR CONTACT JAKE(KINGBLING HERE)AND SEE IF HE CAN GIVE YOU SOME ADVICE FOR PROBLEMS YOU CAN AND WILL RUN INTO INSTALLING THESE!!!!!
I would also like to check out ford ktm setup as well.

Old November 6th, 2007   #61
Sierra Valley
HARDCORE WEB WHEELER!!!

Sierra Valley is on a distinguished road
Nice man, between your rig and brians rig aka Col. Mustard, I should have plenty of 42's to run on my rig being that your guys rigs get wheeled twice a year.:Smile:
Sierra Valley is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 7th, 2007   #62
MR.ROCKAPE
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sierra Valley View Post
Nice man, between your rig and brians rig aka Col. Mustard, I should have plenty of 42's to run on my rig being that your guys rigs get wheeled twice a year.:Smile:
RIGHT!!!!!YOU ACT LIKE YOU WHEEL.....WHEN???AND UNLESS SOMEONE IS GONNA PUT YOU IN ONE OF THOSE TIRES AND ROLL YA AROUND,YOUR RIG WILL NEVER SEE 42s.IT CANT STAY RUNNING WITH 33s!!!

Quote:

Old December 11th, 2007   #63
wix
Hella sweet

Started to take apart the portals to install the disc brakes. What a pain in the ass. Could not budge the 55mm bolt on the hub so I had to finally buy a compressor and impact gun. Came right off. The drum brake parts were also no fun Then the backing plate had to come off. A grinder to cut rivets and a bfh made short work of it. Now I need to start lookin for a press to get the hub off the gear...took about an hour and half to get it all off (just one corner) I think now that i know what im doing it will go a lot faster.

the portal side of the shaft

the diff side of the shaft, not very small.
the disc brake conversion from exaxt
got RE super flex joints for all the link ends.

Also sold my small axles and tires. Big help in funding this thing.

Last edited by wix; December 12th, 2007 at 07:14 AM..

Old December 12th, 2007   #64
MR.ROCKAPE
BANNED

DAMN ...THAT THING IS IN PIECES!!!!MAYBE TIME TO RE-NAME IT???MER-JEEP-BENZ???

Quote:

Old December 13th, 2007   #65
Sierra Valley
HARDCORE WEB WHEELER!!!

Good to see your getting started on the project. Im gonna have to get started on my one of these days.

If you need a press, Im sure B2 wouldnt mind if you came over and used his. Let me know and I will give him a call.

Old December 14th, 2007   #66
wix
Hella sweet

Quote:
Good to see your getting started on the project. Im gonna have to get started on my one of these days.

If you need a press, Im sure B2 wouldnt mind if you came over and used his. Let me know and I will give him a call.
Thanks for th offer but Bought the 12 ton press at harbor frieght last night. Was only $120. The little one I made was just to small...

Old December 14th, 2007   #67
Sierra Valley
HARDCORE WEB WHEELER!!!

Good for you Chris. Whats the time frame on this build? The old lady getting mad at ya yet or are you just hiding all the receipts?

Headed out shortly for some bird hunting over your way. Give ya a call later today about tomorrows hunting.

Old December 14th, 2007   #68
wix
Hella sweet

Quote:
Good for you Chris. Whats the time frame on this build? The old lady getting mad at ya yet or are you just hiding all the receipts?

Headed out shortly for some bird hunting over your way. Give ya a call later today about tomorrows hunting.
The wife aint mad cause she got a new horse trailer and another horse while these axles sat outside for six months. Hope to get it done by end of jan. Im just short on time to work on it.

Was in TOR last week and met the president of Gen Right and grabed some gen right tube fenders and their comp cut rear corners (had to order the corners). Ill get some pics of those up as soon as they are installed.

Old December 14th, 2007   #69
MR.ROCKAPE
BANNED

GOT ANY PLANS TO C-NOTCH THE FRAME SO YOU CAN BUILD IT LOW AND STILL HAVE SOME UPTRAVEL???FULL HYDRO???AND DONT MOGS HAVE CLOSE TO 7.56 GEARS IN THEM???IS SHE GONNA BE THE TRAILER QUEEN???PERSONALLY I LIKE TO TRAILER MY RIGS BECAUSE THEY DONT WEAR OUT NEARLY AS SOON!!!!

Quote:

Old December 14th, 2007   #70
wix
Hella sweet

Quote:
GOT ANY PLANS TO C-NOTCH THE FRAME SO YOU CAN BUILD IT LOW AND STILL HAVE SOME UPTRAVEL???FULL HYDRO???AND DONT MOGS HAVE CLOSE TO 7.56 GEARS IN THEM???IS SHE GONNA BE THE TRAILER QUEEN???PERSONALLY I LIKE TO TRAILER MY RIGS BECAUSE THEY DONT WEAR OUT NEARLY AS SOON!!!!
Been thinkin about notchin the frame or cutting it off , would like to stay away from it but want it to be as low as I can go. Gonna have full hydro, mogs are 7.56 gears plus got the aw4 still go in with the eltronic shifter and got the np231 with the 4:1 (dont know how that will hold up). If I take it anywhere outside where I live i will be on the trailer.

Just got back from napa. Got all the hardware for one wheel. Caliper/bracket, pads, and a rotor. Dont know why I even bother with kragen...The guys at napa (greg st) super helpful. Im gonna try and get one wheel done tonight. If all these parts from napa work out then Ill go pick up the other 3 wheels. This disc brake conv. is killin it. 2500 for the hardware from exaxct and now 200 per wheel for calipers, rotors, etc...

I also gota start thinkin about what I want to do with the H2 rims. balistic has a weld on alum. bead lock wich is super bling but 200 per wheel plus the cost to pay somone to tig it. or just going with staun bead locks.

Old December 14th, 2007   #71
MR.ROCKAPE
BANNED

Quote:
Been thinkin about notchin the frame or cutting it off , would like to stay away from it but want it to be as low as I can go. Gonna have full hydro, mogs are 7.56 gears plus got the aw4 still go in with the eltronic shifter and got the np231 with the 4:1 (dont know how that will hold up). If I take it anywhere outside where I live i will be on the trailer.

Just got back from napa. Got all the hardware for one wheel. Caliper/bracket, pads, and a rotor. Dont know why I even bother with kragen...The guys at napa (greg st) super helpful. Im gonna try and get one wheel done tonight. If all these parts from napa work out then Ill go pick up the other 3 wheels. This disc brake conv. is killin it. 2500 for the hardware from exaxct and now 200 per wheel for calipers, rotors, etc...

I also gota start thinkin about what I want to do with the H2 rims. balistic has a weld on alum. bead lock wich is super bling but 200 per wheel plus the cost to pay somone to tig it. or just going with staun bead locks.

THATS A LOT OF DOUGH FOR GOOD BRAKES!!!!AND YOUR GONNA NEED THEM JUST AT IDLE IT WILL TRY TO DRIVE THROUGH THEM BECAUSE IT GONNA BE CRAZY LOW WITH THE AUTO,4:1 AND 7.56s!!!!MINE WITH LESS AND 4 WHEEL DISKS HARDLY HOLDS IT AT IDLE!!!!ARE THE H2s GONNA BE WIDE ENOUGH(SAID THE GUY WITH 18.5 WIDE TSLs ON 8 INCH WHEELS...)???THEY MAY KEEP THE WIDTH LIVEABLE!!!

ARE YOU AND B2KRACKER BUILDING RIGS SO SV WILL FIND SOME NEW FRIENDS???

Quote:

Old December 14th, 2007   #72
Sierra Valley
HARDCORE WEB WHEELER!!!

Quote:

ARE YOU AND B2KRACKER BUILDING RIGS SO SV WILL FIND SOME NEW FRIENDS???
WTF is that supposed to mean? Im just trying to save up some $$$ to do a budget build. Better be carefull, I'll start coming over in the jeep and breaking down at your house

Old December 15th, 2007   #73
wix
Hella sweet

Got one wheel converted to disc brakes today. Here are the Pics.

The Portal housing removed and the main gear pressed out. Was very easy with the new press. The old hub is now garbage!

The new hub with the 8 on 6.5 lugs pressed in. Also the seal guard pressed on.

The new hub pressed on the portal housing and bolted back on the axle. Also the brackets for the caliper brackets are bolted on.

Here is the new rotor and caliper. Both ford one ton parts. Also a wheel spacer provide in the exaxt kit.

VIALO! H2 rims fit now.

The deep backspacing of the H2 rims almost protect all the new parts. Should be going back to Napa some time this week to pick up 3 more rotors and calipers. This conversion will be pretty easy now that I got one under my belt and all the right tools now.

Last edited by wix; December 15th, 2007 at 10:26 PM..

Old December 15th, 2007   #74
MR.ROCKAPE
BANNED

THATS GONNA BE THE FIRST ONE I HAVE ACTUALLY SEEN WITH DISK BRAKES!!!USUALLY PEOPLE CHEAP OUT AND TRY TO USE THE STOCK STUFF!!!HAVE YA FIGURED OUT WHAT TYPE OF LINK SET-UPS YOU ARE GONNA USE???AIR SHOCKS ,COIL OVERS,BALL-POINT PEN SPRINGS???

Quote:

Old December 15th, 2007   #75
MR.ROCKAPE
BANNED

WHAT IS THE APPLICATION FOR THOSE ROTORS AND CALIPERS???

Quote:

Old December 15th, 2007   #76
wix
Hella sweet

Quote:
THATS GONNA BE THE FIRST ONE I HAVE ACTUALLY SEEN WITH DISK BRAKES!!!USUALLY PEOPLE CHEAP OUT AND TRY TO USE THE STOCK STUFF!!!HAVE YA FIGURED OUT WHAT TYPE OF LINK SET-UPS YOU ARE GONNA USE???AIR SHOCKS ,COIL OVERS,BALL-POINT PEN SPRINGS???
The one jake did had disc brakes (the one in Jp mag) I believe he used the same kit. I wanted to go with the kit so I could use lighter wheels and not have to mess around with the original brake pads, lines, hubs, etc...

3 link in the rear for sure. I think a 4 link in the front will help clear the pinion snout vs. 3 link. I really wont know for sure untill I get the axles under the jeep. You might need to take a drive out here to point me in the right direction! As far as suspension I was just gonna go zj springs and shocks just because money, but now im leaning towards gettin some coil overs. Also gonna have to figure it out when the axles are under the jeep and see whats gonna work best.

Old December 15th, 2007   #77
wix
Hella sweet

Quote:
WHAT IS THE APPLICATION FOR THOSE ROTORS AND CALIPERS???
Calipers are dual piston calipers from 95-98 F-350 same with the rotors. Should provide pleanty of stoping power with these all around!

Old December 23rd, 2007   #78
wix
Hella sweet

Pulled out the sawsall today and started makin room for the 42s. Cut the fenders off and comp cut on the rear.

Gonna put Gen-right tube fenders and Gen-right rear corners on. Here it is with the tires to get an idea of what I would like it to look like.

The width should be 85-88 and I want the wheel base to be as close to 110 as I can get it. Called Champion wheels Friday and now im gonna ship the h2 wheels to them after the 1st so they can lock em up. Only gonna be $200 per wheel + shipping. Since I got these wheels for free seems like it will be worth it!

Last edited by wix; December 23rd, 2007 at 10:37 PM..

Old December 23rd, 2007   #79
MR.ROCKAPE
BANNED

JUST FIGURE IT TO BE ABOUT A FOOT TALLER!!!!

Quote:

Old December 24th, 2007   #80
jeeper89
WEB WHEELING SAVES MONEY!!!

jeeper89 is on a distinguished road
looks good.. kinda makes me wish i still had a jeep

Old December 24th, 2007   #81
wix
Hella sweet

Quote:
JUST FIGURE IT TO BE ABOUT A FOOT TALLER!!!!

I guess the added ground clearance catches up with it somwhere...Right now it would be sitting right on top of the axles. Im gonna nothch the front end and probably cut the rear frame off and either tube it or run 2x4 straight back from the highest part of the frame kinda like the BTF kit. Im thinkin the up travel will be less than 6 inches?

Old December 24th, 2007   #82
Sierra Valley
HARDCORE WEB WHEELER!!!

Looks good so far! What are your plans for the gas tank and where are you placing it?

Old December 25th, 2007   #83
wix
Hella sweet

Quote:
Looks good so far! What are your plans for the gas tank and where are you placing it?
i would like to keep the back seat available so I was lookin at the gen-right stretch tank or may decide to do away with the back to save some $$ and just put a fuel cell back there.

Old January 8th, 2008   #84
wix
Hella sweet

Havent been motivated to do anything lately, mainly because when I go in my garage its such a cluster F. So I've been tring to clean up and organize shit. I needed a welding table to store all the scrap and another surface to work on.

Built it all from steel I had layin around except the 4'x8' 1/4" peice of plate and also a 4'x8' of expanded metal for the bottom. Still need to add lots of bracing and the bottom (expanded metal). This bitch is heavy. Had to move the 350lb peice of plate by myself! Was gonna go with 3/16 but ran into sam (samco) at metal masters and he talked me into at least going with 1/4" glad I did.
Also built some shelves for all the other crap layin around.

I ordered a some new parts for the jeep last week. The trucking company calls to set up a delivery time and I tell them that I will just come pick it all up (since they cant get a semi to my office) Then they come back with "well you cant pick them up untill tomarrow..." So I have to wait untill tomarrow...

Old January 29th, 2008   #85
wix
Hella sweet

Got all the brackets off the rear axles and cleaned it up. Since Im limited with my broken arm I put the boy to work.

Kinda sad that he thought he could really knock those bolts loose.

Alxe is ready to go in. I have all the link material and joints. Im gonna order some frame end brackets for the links tomarrow so I can start this ealy next week.
Here's the arm! I've had the staples removed pic is about a week old...

Old January 29th, 2008   #86
wix
Hella sweet

Got my Wheels back from Champion Wheel today. Really happy with them. Champion had these things for maybe 2 days? Very quick turn around. Awesome company.
H2 wheels with weld on bead locks.

Got the wheels for free from a very nice neighbor and Champion Wheel charged me a little over 2 hundred per wheel. Pretty good deal for aluminum beadlocks (if they hold up) if you ask me.

Old January 29th, 2008   #87
jeeper89
WEB WHEELING SAVES MONEY!!!

jeeper89 is on a distinguished road
looks good..(well except your arm) good to see the next generation wanting to work on stuff

Old January 30th, 2008   #88
1SAWB
HARDCORE WEB WHEELER!!!

1SAWB is on a distinguished road
GOGGLES DOWN
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Img_2964.jpg (199.4 KB, 127 views)

Old January 30th, 2008   #89
Sierra Valley
HARDCORE WEB WHEELER!!!

I might be able to give ya a hand when you get ready to do the supsension. Give me a call and I can come over.

Old February 4th, 2008   #90
wix
Hella sweet

Quote:
I might be able to give ya a hand when you get ready to do the supsension. Give me a call and I can come over.
Why dont you come over and finish mounting the beadlocks? Here's the one I got done.

Old February 4th, 2008   #91
wix
Hella sweet

Got a package from polyperformance this morning! Put the order in thursday afternoon, and at my doorstep this morning.

Bracket for the frame on the lowers. RE joint.

bracket for the frame for the upper (whish bone)

another of the wish bone end. I was planning on just running bushings in these. But I got too many of the RE joints and will have enough to put them on the wishbone end. I know its not neccessary but wanted to get some other opinions. Should I run these or just put some bushing in there? Will the RE joints out last the bushings? (Inside width 2 5/8")

Last edited by wix; February 4th, 2008 at 06:06 PM..

Old February 6th, 2008   #92
wix
Hella sweet

Had to make room for the rear axle. That meant out with the gas tank. Best way to get rid of it??

Old February 6th, 2008   #93
Sierra Valley
HARDCORE WEB WHEELER!!!

Aww snap. So what are you using for your new rear frame?

Old February 6th, 2008   #94
wix
Hella sweet

Then add some tube.

Old February 6th, 2008   #95
wix
Hella sweet

Got another package today. This one from balistic. My tube adapters and Threaded shanks.

The one on the right is for the my single link for the top of the 3-link (got one extra). Only problem I can see with this one is that there may not be enough area to weld too?

These ones are for all the lower link ends

Old February 7th, 2008   #96
wix
Hella sweet

Time for some chitty welds!
Dont know wtf but when I weld (mig) .30 or .35 the welds come out super shitty. Welded the cage with .25 and it came out ok. Got all this .30 and .35 wire and I cant get it right. Getting pleanty hot enough just lots of porosity (sp?). Machine is lincoln 180c and in the manual says can weld with .35 Whats the reason it cant?
Pics

Also got my 1.5" die today, but my dumass ordered the one I really didnt want. Its a 6.5 clr I need 4.5 anyone wanna take this. 275$ you dont have to pay the 65-70$ on the shipping.

Old February 8th, 2008   #97
MR.ROCKAPE
BANNED

TURN UP THE GAS!!!!EITHER THAT OR YOU HAVE MELTED THE LITTLE DIFFUSER IN THE TIP OF THE TORCH!!!SETTING FOR THAT WIRE SIZE SHOULD BE 20-30CFM!!!!ARE YOU USING MIX GAS OR STRAIGHT CO2???

Quote:

Old February 8th, 2008   #98
wix
Hella sweet

Quote:
TURN UP THE GAS!!!!EITHER THAT OR YOU HAVE MELTED THE LITTLE DIFFUSER IN THE TIP OF THE TORCH!!!SETTING FOR THAT WIRE SIZE SHOULD BE 20-30CFM!!!!ARE YOU USING MIX GAS OR STRAIGHT CO2???
Using mix. Was at praxair a little bit ago and bought a few new nozzles. They seem to think Im no getting the gas out on the weld. Was running 30-40 cfm. Will turn it down.

Old February 8th, 2008   #99
MR.ROCKAPE
BANNED

Quote:
Using mix. Was at praxair a little bit ago and bought a few new nozzles. They seem to think Im no getting the gas out on the weld. Was running 30-40 cfm. Will turn it down.
Ill agree....you might need to grind those welds and make a second pass!!!:frown:

Quote:

Old February 12th, 2008   #100
wix
Hella sweet

Main problem with the welding was the nozzle. A new nozzle that kept the tip back inside about a 1/4" made a huge difference. Now i just need more practice...