THEROCKGODS.COM > Technical > Fabrication

User Tag List

Old December 6th, 2006   #51
Sauce
Wheeler

Sauce is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR.ROCKAPE View Post
IF YOU ASK (AND ARE AS FAMOUS AS I AM!!!)ON PIRATE THEY WILL HOOK YOU UP LIKE ME!!!!

Do you have to run 2 pumps or will 1 modded pump turn both axles?

Old December 6th, 2006   #52
dane
Wheeler

dane is on a distinguished road
Quote:
HERES THE REAR VALVE....

http://www.polyperformance.com/shop/...cat=387&page=1

AND GET A CYLINDER FROM WWW.SURPLUSCENTER.COM AND BE SOMEBODY!!!!IF YOU ARENT GONNA USE THAT STEERING AXLE ILL TRADE YA THE NON STEER ONE OUT OF THE THROTTLE TRUGGY!!!!!COMPLETE WITH 3LINK BRACKET AND TOP LINK MOUNT!!!
I think I will also need a new pump and reservoir if I plan on doing this right. I will also be needing propane so I forsee this getting expensive pretty quickly. Oh well its only money, you can always make more!!!

Dane

39.9% Hardcore, 100% Hooligan!!

Right Foot That Shit Bitch!!!

1985 Runner 2 1/2 Ton Toylet or is it Chevota

2006 3500 Mega Cab - 1 ton limo

2004 V-rod obnoxiously loud and stupid fast....for a harley
dane is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 6th, 2006   #53
MR.ROCKAPE
BANNED

MR.ROCKAPE is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauce View Post
Do you have to run 2 pumps or will 1 modded pump turn both axles?
SINGLE PUMP!!!!YOU JUST KNOW THAT IF YOU ARE TRYING TO TURN BOTH ENDS AT THE SAME TIME IT WILL BE REALLY SLOW!!!!

MY VIDEO!!!--->ITS NEW!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNVguvNE7qc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance View Post
Time and time again you prove you are the biggest idiot on Pirate4x4. God you're a fucking clown.
MR.ROCKAPE is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 8th, 2006   #54
dane
Wheeler

This rear steer valve seems to be a good alternative to the polyperformance one. Anyone have any opinions??

http://www.pscmotorsports.com/produc...2a846b7124857e

Dane

Old December 8th, 2006   #55
KOnrad
Wheeler

KOnrad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
SINGLE PUMP!!!!YOU JUST KNOW THAT IF YOU ARE TRYING TO TURN BOTH ENDS AT THE SAME TIME IT WILL BE REALLY SLOW!!!!

Wouldn't it be benificial to do whatever is needed to make it steer quicker??? just curious..????

16% Hardcore 67% Hooligan

www.myspace.com/thepartsguy
KOnrad is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 8th, 2006   #56
whitelightnin87
Wheeler

whitelightnin87 is on a distinguished road
sky manufacturing makes a birf eliminator kit for toy axles Toyota Mini Truck Backing Plate Eliminator .

i dont know how to post pics or links but the website is sky-manufacturing.com

Toyota Mini Truck Birfield Eliminator Kit.

Click to Enlarge

Part # Toy-BEK-001

Price- $399.00 SPECIAL!
Need a little extra axle beef? This is the kit. Running 37" + tires on a Toyota axle is pushing the limits of the stock parts. The Birfield eliminator gives you some room to work with. Tested on various competition buggies, run in the real world, used by us.

The axles are constructed of 4340 high nickel alloy, with a 760x u joint. You may upgrade to CTM's or Aussie Joints. Kit includes all new axles, spindles, seals, u-joints, and instructions.

Currently I run either 37 inch MTR's or 39.5 TSL's. Recently while on a snow run I backed up a dirt bank with my 5000 pound 4 Runner, running my 37's. This wall was about vertical. I turned my wheels to the right full lock, my stops are actually turned in as you can turn tighter with a u-joint, and tried to move forward. Apparently the ditch was deeper than it looked, and covered in 2 ft of snow. I was digging down, not moving foward. So like most people, I took the motor up to 4500rpm's and dropped the clutch in reverse, full steering lock. Last time I did this with a set of HD Birfields and Chromo inner shafts, I spit the inner cage out of the Birfield. This time I still had no movement, but nothing broke. 3 more tries and I was moving again, much too the amazement of the other Toyota owners in the club, with no broken parts.

WOW, YOU'RE PROBABLY GAY
whitelightnin87 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 8th, 2006   #57
MR.ROCKAPE
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitelightnin87 View Post
sky manufacturing makes a birf eliminator kit for toy axles Toyota Mini Truck Backing Plate Eliminator .

i dont know how to post pics or links but the website is sky-manufacturing.com

Toyota Mini Truck Birfield Eliminator Kit.

Click to Enlarge

Part # Toy-BEK-001

Price- $399.00 SPECIAL!
Need a little extra axle beef? This is the kit. Running 37" + tires on a Toyota axle is pushing the limits of the stock parts. The Birfield eliminator gives you some room to work with. Tested on various competition buggies, run in the real world, used by us.

The axles are constructed of 4340 high nickel alloy, with a 760x u joint. You may upgrade to CTM's or Aussie Joints. Kit includes all new axles, spindles, seals, u-joints, and instructions.

Currently I run either 37 inch MTR's or 39.5 TSL's. Recently while on a snow run I backed up a dirt bank with my 5000 pound 4 Runner, running my 37's. This wall was about vertical. I turned my wheels to the right full lock, my stops are actually turned in as you can turn tighter with a u-joint, and tried to move forward. Apparently the ditch was deeper than it looked, and covered in 2 ft of snow. I was digging down, not moving foward. So like most people, I took the motor up to 4500rpm's and dropped the clutch in reverse, full steering lock. Last time I did this with a set of HD Birfields and Chromo inner shafts, I spit the inner cage out of the Birfield. This time I still had no movement, but nothing broke. 3 more tries and I was moving again, much too the amazement of the other Toyota owners in the club, with no broken parts.
AT THIS POINT IM GONNA RUN THE STOCK STUFF BREAK IT AND THEN UPGRADE!!!!IF I CANT GET SOMEONE TO COME WITH THE BRO DEAL ON EITHER LONGFIELDS OR SOMETHING ELSE......THEN THATS WHAT ILL RUN!!!!

Quote:
Time and time again you prove you are the biggest idiot on Pirate4x4. God you're a fucking clown.

Old December 8th, 2006   #58
whitelightnin87
Wheeler

whitelightnin87 is on a distinguished road
that is what i was going to run on the samurai but then i decided to use american axles (widetrac waggy 44s) so i can have a wider stance.

WOW, YOU'RE PROBABLY GAY
whitelightnin87 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 8th, 2006   #59
MR.ROCKAPE
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitelightnin87 View Post
that is what i was going to run on the samurai but then i decided to use american axles (widetrac waggy 44s) so i can have a wider stance.
THAT WAS MY ORIGINAL PLAN TOO!!!!(BECAUSE YOU CAN GET DRIVERS AND PASS. SIDE DROP WAGGY AXLES!!!!)BUT, THEY ARE HEAVY COMPARED TO TOY AXLES!!!!!I ACTUALLY HAVE TWO WAGGY FRONT 44s AND A DISK BRAKE ISUZU REAR 44 FOR SALE!!!!!

Quote:

Old December 9th, 2006   #60
dane
Wheeler

Quote:
THAT WAS MY ORIGINAL PLAN TOO!!!!(BECAUSE YOU CAN GET DRIVERS AND PASS. SIDE DROP WAGGY AXLES!!!!)BUT, THEY ARE HEAVY COMPARED TO TOY AXLES!!!!!I ACTUALLY HAVE TWO WAGGY FRONT 44s AND A DISK BRAKE ISUZU REAR 44 FOR SALE!!!!!
The hell with that, those waggy axles dont have anything over the toys. They are a little wider, but wheel spacers and proper backspacing can make the toys just as wide. I have a jackass mexican friend with waggies under his pos samurai and another buddy with toys under his. The guy with the toy axles is in the combo about $3 million less than the guy with waggies. I am a po ass mofo, that shit adds up quick!!!

Dane

Old December 9th, 2006   #61
dane
Wheeler

Quote:
AT THIS POINT IM GONNA RUN THE STOCK STUFF BREAK IT AND THEN UPGRADE!!!!IF I CANT GET SOMEONE TO COME WITH THE BRO DEAL ON EITHER LONGFIELDS OR SOMETHING ELSE......THEN THATS WHAT ILL RUN!!!!
You can call Bobby Long and see if he will fall for the "I got my ass handed to me by Mike Shaffer, wanna sponsor me?'' line. If you could please record the conversation for everyones amusement that would be an added bonus!!!

Dane

Old December 9th, 2006   #62
jeeper89
WEB WHEELING SAVES MONEY!!!

jeeper89 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by dane View Post
The hell with that, those waggy axles dont have anything over the toys. They are a little wider, but wheel spacers and proper backspacing can make the toys just as wide. I have a jackass mexican friend with waggies under his pos samurai and another buddy with toys under his. The guy with the toy axles is in the combo about $3 million less than the guy with waggies. I am a po ass mofo, that shit adds up quick!!!

Dane
toy axles are pretty good if they are built up.. waggys are pretty good it you just add lockers and gearing. plus if you go waggy 44s you can get rid of the stupid seals in the front axle that always leak and get rid of the birfs.

Old December 9th, 2006   #63
dane
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeper89 View Post
toy axles are pretty good if they are built up.. waggys are pretty good it you just add lockers and gearing. plus if you go waggy 44s you can get rid of the stupid seals in the front axle that always leak and get rid of the birfs.
All you need for toys is gears and a welder, run some 30 spline longs and they are good to go!! I guess I really like the dropout 3rd (toyota, 9", rockwell, mogs) for ease of working on and the fact that you can find some twacker selling their arb'd 5.29 third for $200.00 so they can buy a bag for the weekend!!!

Dane

Old December 9th, 2006   #64
Dirty Harry
HARDCORE WATCHER

Dirty Harry is on a distinguished road
30 spline Longfields have made birfield eliminator kits obsolete, I don't see any reason to run one. I would run anything from Sky on my rig anyway, that guy is a hack. Every Toyota product they offer is a cheap knock-off of another company's product.
Vehicle Features, Tech, & Trail Reports
Dirty Harry is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 10th, 2006   #65
MR.ROCKAPE
BANNED

A LITTLE PROGRESS TODAY...FINALLY GOT THE ENGINE/TRANS HERE!!!!SET THE AXLES ON THE FLOOR WITH A MOCK-UP SEAT AND THE ENGINE/TRANS,TOOK SOME MORE MEASUREMENTS AND DECIDED TO WIDEN THE CHASSIS IN THE MIDDLE SO I HAVE 36 INCHES INSIDE(SINCE MY SHOULDERS MIGHT COMPLAIN ABOUT 33 INCHES)!!!!

AND SINCE THE ENGINE/TRANS AS WELL AS THE SEAT ARE ALL GOING TO BE ABOUT 1INCH ABOVE THE LOWEST CHASSIS POINTIT SHOULD JUST ABOUT STAND ON ITS SIDE BEFORE ROLLING OVER....

Quote:

Old December 10th, 2006   #66
dane
Wheeler

Quote:
A LITTLE PROGRESS TODAY...FINALLY GOT THE ENGINE/TRANS HERE!!!!SET THE AXLES ON THE FLOOR WITH A MOCK-UP SEAT AND THE ENGINE/TRANS,TOOK SOME MORE MEASUREMENTS AND DECIDED TO WIDEN THE CHASSIS IN THE MIDDLE SO I HAVE 36 INCHES INSIDE(SINCE MY SHOULDERS MIGHT COMPLAIN ABOUT 33 INCHES)!!!!

AND SINCE THE ENGINE/TRANS AS WELL AS THE SEAT ARE ALL GOING TO BE ABOUT 1INCH ABOVE THE LOWEST CHASSIS POINTIT SHOULD JUST ABOUT STAND ON ITS SIDE BEFORE ROLLING OVER....

Unless you plan on only competing I think its a good idea to give yourself a little comfort zone inside. In competitions I dont think that xtra couple of inches will hurt you and on the trail it will make it much nicer for a couple hours in the seat!!

Dane

Old December 10th, 2006   #67
MR.ROCKAPE
BANNED

THIS SHOULD HAVE MORE LEG ROOM THAN MY CURRENT 2 SEATER!!!!HERE IT IS.....WIDER IN THE MIDDLE, A BIT MORE ROOM IN THE BELLY.....AND A FEW CHANGES THAT MAY CHANGE BEFORE I ACTUALLY BEND TOOB!!!!

STILL THIS CHASSIS IS ONLY 44 INCHES TALL AND 101 INCHES LONG!!!!SO IF MY CALCULATIONS ARE CORRECT......18 UNDER THE BELLY(POSS 20)+44 INCHES =62 INCHES TALL!!!!

Quote:

Old December 10th, 2006   #68
MR.ROCKAPE
BANNED

THE ONE COOL THING ABOUT USING THE CIVIC MOTOR/TRANS IS ITS ONLY 36 INCHES LONG 24 INCHES WIDE AND 23 INCHES TALL!!!!THE REAR DRIVELINE LOOKS LIKE IT WILL BE 28-31INCHES LONG,AND THE FRONT ABOUT 41-45 DEPENDING ON MY FINAL WHEELBASE!!!!ITS SET AT 100 NOW BUT I MAY CHANGE IT!!!!

Quote:

Old December 10th, 2006   #69
dane
Wheeler

Quote:
THIS SHOULD HAVE MORE LEG ROOM THAN MY CURRENT 2 SEATER!!!!HERE IT IS.....WIDER IN THE MIDDLE, A BIT MORE ROOM IN THE BELLY.....AND A FEW CHANGES THAT MAY CHANGE BEFORE I ACTUALLY BEND TOOB!!!!

STILL THIS CHASSIS IS ONLY 44 INCHES TALL AND 101 INCHES LONG!!!!SO IF MY CALCULATIONS ARE CORRECT......18 UNDER THE BELLY(POSS 20)+44 INCHES =62 INCHES TALL!!!!

It sorta looks like the team purple rig!!! Not that its a bad thing, just and observation. I think 100" wb will be fine on 39's with that belly and low cog.

Dane

Old December 10th, 2006   #70
MR.ROCKAPE
BANNED

Quote:
It sorta looks like the team purple rig!!! Not that its a bad thing, just and observation. I think 100" wb will be fine on 39's with that belly and low cog.

Dane
ITS A FAILY SIMPLE CHASSIS(MINE,SINCE I HAVE NEVER SEEN THE TEAM PURPLE RIG...)NO TRICK BENDS JUST THE ABSOLUTE MINIMUM TO GET THE JOB DONE!!!!BASICALLY I WANT A RIG THAT WILL RUN THE INSANE LINES MY CURRENT ONE WONT!!!!

Quote:

Old December 10th, 2006   #71
UniBomber
Jr.Web Wheeler

UniBomber is on a distinguished road
that'll be sick!!! can't wait to see it done...
UniBomber is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 10th, 2006   #72
christianwheeler
Wheeler

christianwheeler is on a distinguished road
this guy has 18" at the belly http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showt...4&goto=newpost
christianwheeler is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 10th, 2006   #73
MR.ROCKAPE
BANNED

Quote:
You can call Bobby Long and see if he will fall for the "I got my ass handed to me by Mike Shaffer, wanna sponsor me?'' line. If you could please record the conversation for everyones amusement that would be an added bonus!!!

Dane
DAMN........IS DANE REALLY DSI???

"I got my ass handed to me by Mike Shaffer, wanna sponsor me?'' I THINK THATS A DIRECT QUOTE FROM DSI ON PIRATE!!!!STILL KINDA A FUNNY, BUT THE CHAMP WAS LOOKIN LIKE THIS AFTER THE FIRST OBSTACLE!!!!

Quote:

Old December 11th, 2006   #74
Sauce
Wheeler

Quote:
ONLY A COUPLE PICS..........

WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE???

so, are you going to tell us what is wrong with the picture or what?

Old December 11th, 2006   #75
Sauce
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sierra Valley View Post
Hey, rockape PM'd me the project plans for his single seater.

That a boy, go get em.
boy that was funny the first time you posted it, can a mod delete this shit, it is cluttering the good tech. Maybe we could do special tech for you SV, like how to change a u-joint:rofl:

Old December 11th, 2006   #76
KOnrad
Wheeler

KOnrad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
boy that was funny the first time you posted it, can a mod delete this shit, it is cluttering the good tech. Maybe we could do special tech for you SV, like how to change a u-joint:rofl:

Or we can just make a forum for SV and motoman 96!!! :) they'd do good together! eh Sauce?

16% Hardcore 67% Hooligan

www.myspace.com/thepartsguy
KOnrad is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 11th, 2006   #77
throttleboy
HARDCORE WEB WHEELER!!!

throttleboy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
so, are you going to tell us what is wrong with the picture or what?
ITS A DRIVER SIDE DROP TOY AXLE OR A FLIPED FRONT FOR REAR STEER !!

Old December 12th, 2006   #78
dane
Wheeler

Quote:
DAMN........IS DANE REALLY DSI???

"I got my ass handed to me by Mike Shaffer, wanna sponsor me?'' I THINK THATS A DIRECT QUOTE FROM DSI ON PIRATE!!!!STILL KINDA A FUNNY, BUT THE CHAMP WAS LOOKIN LIKE THIS AFTER THE FIRST OBSTACLE!!!!
No, I am an asshole all on my own. I really think you should beg/borrow/steal 30 splines for that rear axle b4 you are laying in the dirt at MR changing a stock blown up birf.

Dane

Old December 12th, 2006   #79
UniBomber
Jr.Web Wheeler

Quote:
No, I am an asshole all on my own. I really think you should beg/borrow/steal 30 splines for that rear axle b4 you are laying in the dirt at MR changing a stock blown up birf.

Dane
ape's got 4 rigs (including the single-seater)!!! if one breaks, he just gets out another rig and starts wheeling!!! gotta leave the wrenching in the garage

Old December 12th, 2006   #80
dane
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by UniBomber View Post
ape's got 4 rigs (including the single-seater)!!! if one breaks, he just gets out another rig and starts wheeling!!! gotta leave the wrenching on the garage
Hopefully he has a winch on his trailer to get it back home to work on!!!

Dane

Old December 12th, 2006   #81
MR.ROCKAPE
BANNED

Quote:
ape's got 4 rigs (including the single-seater)!!! if one breaks, he just gets out another rig and starts wheeling!!! gotta leave the wrenching in the garage
MY FLEET OF 40+ TIRED RIDES PRETTY MUCH CAN COVER ALL TYPES OF WHEELING!!!!!AND EVERYONE HAS ITS OWN WINCH!!!!8K TO 12K AS NEEDED!!!!

Quote:

Old December 12th, 2006   #82
MR.ROCKAPE
BANNED

Quote:
HERES SOME NO-PROGRESS PICS!!!!I SWEAR ILL HAVE THE CHASSIS STARTED BY THE WEEKEND!!!!
NO IM NOT GOING TO USE THAT SEAT!!!

SETTING IT ALL OUT TO FIGURE IF MY TINY CHASSIS IS GOING TO WORK BEFORE I START TO BEND TOOB!!!

THE LITTLE POWER PLANT THAT COULD!!!!

edit:and of coarse its gonna have ac!!!(look at the compressor!!!)

Quote:

Old December 12th, 2006   #83
Ford_KTM
Wheeler

Ford_KTM is on a distinguished road
What motor is this out of....My buddy runs a hopped up one of these with a supercharger in his dune buggy. He loves it, and says it makes decent power....

Old December 12th, 2006   #84
MR.ROCKAPE
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford_KTM View Post
What motor is this out of....My buddy runs a hopped up one of these with a supercharger in his dune buggy. He loves it, and says it makes decent power....
91 CIVIC....I HAVE SERVERAL TO CHOOSE FROM..... EVEN A TWIN CAMMER THAT WILL BOLT UP TO THAT TRANS, IF THIS ONE DOESNT MAKE ENOUGH POWER!!!!BUT THAT ENGINE AND TRANS BARELY WEIGH 320 LBS!!!!

Quote:

Old December 16th, 2006   #85
dane
Wheeler

Quote:
91 CIVIC....I HAVE SERVERAL TO CHOOSE FROM..... EVEN A TWIN CAMMER THAT WILL BOLT UP TO THAT TRANS, IF THIS ONE DOESNT MAKE ENOUGH POWER!!!!BUT THAT ENGINE AND TRANS BARELY WEIGH 320 LBS!!!!
I have a sick ass Titanium exhaust off of a Yamaha YZF-R1 that has been modified to flow enough for a vehicle that would be pimp as shit on this buggy, let me know if you want it, I have two and would donate one to the cause based soley on its bling factor!!

Dane

Old December 16th, 2006   #86
MR.ROCKAPE
BANNED

Quote:
I have a sick ass Titanium exhaust off of a Yamaha YZF-R1 that has been modified to flow enough for a vehicle that would be pimp as shit on this buggy, let me know if you want it, I have two and would donate one to the cause based soley on its bling factor!!

Dane
HOW BIG IS THE INLET TUBE???BRING THE FREE BLING!!!I WAS JUST GONNA PUT ONE OF THOSE 5 INCH TIPS ON IT FOR THE AUTHENTIC HONDA RACER-BOY SIGNATURE SOUND,BUT IF YOU GOT SOMETHING BETTER IM NOT PROUD!!!!

Quote:

Old December 16th, 2006   #87
dane
Wheeler

Quote:
HOW BIG IS THE INLET TUBE???BRING THE FREE BLING!!!I WAS JUST GONNA PUT ONE OF THOSE 5 INCH TIPS ON IT FOR THE AUTHENTIC HONDA RACER-BOY SIGNATURE SOUND,BUT IF YOU GOT SOMETHING BETTER IM NOT PROUD!!!!
The inlet is probably 2 and a half inches. You can make it fit whatever, I was gonna weld a flange on it and run 2 on the runner, but I just never got around to it. It is 100 times more pimpin than a stupid ass fart can, as a side note its super cool to cut titianium with a chopsaw!!!

Dane

Old December 16th, 2006   #88
MR.ROCKAPE
BANNED

Quote:
The inlet is probably 2 and a half inches. You can make it fit whatever, I was gonna weld a flange on it and run 2 on the runner, but I just never got around to it. It is 100 times more pimpin than a stupid ass fart can, as a side note its super cool to cut titianium with a chopsaw!!!

Dane
SWEET!!!NEXT TIME YOU ARE UP HERE VISITING THE MOOSEKNUCKLE OR LUMPYS NEW YEARS PARTY,THEN ILL GET IT FROM YA!!!!!BRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!! !!!!!

Quote:

Old December 16th, 2006   #89
dane
Wheeler

here is a pic so you can think of how to make it work, and I have two if you want to be twice as cool!!

Dane

Old December 16th, 2006   #90
MR.ROCKAPE
BANNED

Quote:
here is a pic so you can think of how to make it work, and I have two if you want to be twice as cool!!

Dane
I WONDER HOW HARD IT WOULD BE TO MOUNT THEM SIDE BY SIDE AND PLUMB THEM IN...........

Quote:

Old December 16th, 2006   #91
dane
Wheeler

If you ran a "Y" pipe off of the manifold you could run them side by side and it would be sick as hell, especially if you could have them stick out like old skool vw stingers!!

Dane

Old December 16th, 2006   #92
dane
Wheeler

I will bring both of mine so you can figure out how you would like to run them, they are seriously pimp as hell and who doesnt like Ti.

Dane

Old December 17th, 2006   #93
renojeepster
Wheeler

renojeepster is on a distinguished road
Are the Knuckles going to mount upside down on that housing? If so what will the camber angle be compared to stock?

Old December 17th, 2006   #94
MR.ROCKAPE
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by renojeepster View Post
Are the Knuckles going to mount upside down on that housing? If so what will the camber angle be compared to stock?
The knuckles were cut and rotated about 180 degrees they will be swapped left to right, camber will be stock....the caster angle was rotated for rear pinion clearance.It is now a drivers side drop toy front housing(could be used in that application if someone needed one) to use a np231 t-case or a ford t-case.The center chunk is normal ,not upside down.Since a honda engine spins the opposite direction(counter clockwise)of everthing else in the world,there is no need or want to run the 3rd members upside down.I had this idea a while back and it is the main reason I think I can build a moon-type buggy on the cheap!!!!Ask anyone how much those way offset bling axles cost!!!!I have heard $8-10k each!!!!

Quote:

Old December 17th, 2006   #95
UniBomber
Jr.Web Wheeler

Quote:
The knuckles were cut and rotated about 180 degrees they will be swapped left to right, camber will be stock....the caster angle was rotated for rear pinion clearance.It is now a drivers side drop toy front housing(could be used in that application if someone needed one) to use a np231 t-case or a ford t-case.The center chunk is normal ,not upside down.Since a honda engine spins the opposite direction(counter clockwise)of everthing else in the world,there is no need or want to run the 3rd members upside down.I had this idea a while back and it is the main reason I think I can build a moon-type buggy on the cheap!!!!Ask anyone how much those way offset bling axles cost!!!!I have heard $8-10k each!!!!
the way this buildup is going.......i might have to steal some of the ideas you have . because of the relative simplicity and more "bang for the buck", this makes me want something of this nature......only with a 2 seat chassis and a nissan motor .....hmmmmmm, something to think about

Old December 17th, 2006   #96
MR.ROCKAPE
BANNED

Quote:
the way this buildup is going.......i might have to steal some of the ideas you have . because of the relative simplicity and more "bang for the buck", this makes me want something of this nature......only with a 2 seat chassis and a nissan motor .....hmmmmmm, something to think about
IF YOU DID IT WITH A PISSAN THE CENTER SECTIONS WOULD HAVE TO BE RUN UPSIDE DOWN FOR THE WHEELS TO GO FORWARD!!!!

Quote:

Old December 17th, 2006   #97
MR.ROCKAPE
BANNED

NO PROGRESS YET!!!!:frown: MAINLY BECAUSE OF THE NEW BABY AS WELL AS A CUSTOMER PROJECT AND TRYING TO GET THE TRUGGY DONE ENOUGH FOR DH TO MAKE ME EVEN MORE FAMOUS THAN I AM NOW!!!!! BE PATIENT..... AS SOON AS I GET ROLLING I THINK I COULD HAVE THIS CHASSIS IN ONE PIECE AND ALL TACKED TOGETHER IN A COUPLE OF 12-16 HOUR DAYS!!!AS SOON AS THE ENGINE/TRANS IS HUNG,IT WILL BE A ROLLER SOON AFTER!!!!:pray:

ITS KILLING ME NOT TO HAVE TIME TO GET THIS REALLY STARTED!!!!THE CHASSIS IS MY FAVORITE PART TO DO!!!!I MAY CLOSE THE SHOP THE WEEK OF CHRISTMAS AND THEN I MIGHT HAVE A FEW DAYS TO DEDICATE TO THIS!!!

Quote:

Old December 17th, 2006   #98
UniBomber
Jr.Web Wheeler

Quote:
IF YOU DID IT WITH A PISSAN THE CENTER SECTIONS WOULD HAVE TO BE RUN UPSIDE DOWN FOR THE WHEELS TO GO FORWARD!!!!
is flipping the centers actually doable??? seems like the pinion gear would be starved of oil with the centers upside down??? sorry for cluttering your thread with questions

Old December 17th, 2006   #99
MR.ROCKAPE
BANNED

Quote:
is flipping the centers actually doable??? seems like the pinion gear would be starved of oil with the centers upside down??? sorry for cluttering your thread with questions
ITS EASILY DOABLE!!!!I DONT THINK I WOULD WORRY ALOT ABOUT OILING IN THAT SITUATION UNLESS YOU WERE GOING TO USE IT FOR HIGH SPEED RUNS!!!THE ONLY THING I WOULD WORRY ABOUT WITH RUNNING TOY CENTER UPSIDE DOWN IS RING AND PINION STRENGTH!!!SINCE THE GEARS ARENT DESIGNED TO BE RUN CONSTANLY IN REVERSE AS WELL AS THE EXTREME LOADS.....THEY MAY BE THE WEAK POINT!!!NOW YOU SEE WHY THE HONDA/TRANS IS THE RIGHT CHOICE FOR THIS BUILD!!!!IF I WAS GONNA RUN SOMETHING ELSE THAN A HONDA ENGINE ,THEN I WOULD FLIP DANA 60s AND AT LEAST HAVE THE STRENGTH!!!!(BUT YOU LOSE THE ADVANTAGE OF BEING LIGHT!!!!)

Quote:

Old December 17th, 2006   #100
renojeepster
Wheeler

renojeepster is on a distinguished road
You can have oiling issues with them mounted upside down. I run a high pinion from an FJ-80 in a pickup housing which is missing an oil channel for the pinion, same problem. I have had no problems in 6 yrs by overfilling the diff.

I thought you would have to cut and rotate the ends of the housing. This thing sounds like it will work, can't wait to see some progress.

Congrats on the new addition!