THEROCKGODS.COM > Technical > Fabrication

User Tag List

Old March 5th, 2010   #601
roaddogg

roaddogg is on a distinguished road
Yeah thanks I need to start collecting parts for it. I have a Toy project i'm workin on I need to get some pics on a thread here
roaddogg is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 27th, 2011   #602
MR.ROCKAPE
BANNED

MR.ROCKAPE is on a distinguished road
Finally today I decided to start the turbo upgrade.... removed the current wiring harness and handed it off to the guy who built it....(since he built mine he has found ways to seriously thin them out and have nothing more than a few relays, a small fuse block and a small bus bar to hook your fan/fuel pump to....)

so I go from this...

To this..

(this is actually buggy #2...that is owned by a local guy...)

Now along with that he is going to convert it from the OBD0 pcm to a chipped OBD1 pcm...the advantage to this is the ability to tune the fuel/spark map for boost.....

No real pics yet as I need to get some flanges made so I can convert my turbo manifold from a T3 to a 16G flange.....once done pics and progress should go quick!!!!:D

As for parts I am using...
stock mitsubishi turbo 16G(yes a small turbo but it spools quickly at low rpm's)
Fuel injectors,and blow off from the same eclipse
No intercooler due to small space and no real airflow.....:( (this may change in the future to an air to water intercooler....)
chipped and tuned stock honda pcm....

Expected power increase.......DOUBLE@12PSI.....:grinpimp:

I hope the toyota ring and pinions survive!!!

I sure could use some Bling aftermarket knuckle ballz to really finish out this project in style!!!

Sitting on all of the Bling toyota axle parts there are available!!!!

MY VIDEO!!!--->ITS NEW!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNVguvNE7qc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance View Post
Time and time again you prove you are the biggest idiot on Pirate4x4. God you're a fucking clown.
MR.ROCKAPE is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 3rd, 2011   #603
Hardcore-CashMoney
Professional Mall Crawler

Hardcore-CashMoney is on a distinguished road
IMO an air to water cooler would be the only way to go. I imagine with 12psi the airs gonna start getting warm, you could always spray it with water/meth for now and gain a lil more juice on top of the turbo
Quote:
-I don't understand the purpose of the line, "I don't need to drink to have fun." Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?
Hardcore-CashMoney is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 3rd, 2011   #604
MR.ROCKAPE
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore-CashMoney View Post
IMO an air to water cooler would be the only way to go. I imagine with 12psi the airs gonna start getting warm, you could always spray it with water/meth for now and gain a lil more juice on top of the turbo
YEAH WATER INJECTION WAS MY SUGGESTION TO MY TUNER HOMIE BUT HE DIDNT SEEM ALL THAT INTERESTED....... THIS THING WILL ONLY SEE HIGH BOOST FOR VERY SMALL AMOUNTS OF TIME....ITS A CRAWLER....AND IT TOPS OUT AT 45 MPH....NO KOH RUNNING FOR THIS!!!!

THE ONLY REASON I AM ADDING A TURBO IS BECAUSE I NEED THE 0 TO 8 FT POP TO GET ON SOME OBSTACLES....SINCE THE MOTOR DOESNT REALLY START TO MAKE ANY REAL HP UNTIL 4K RPM(AND THE TQ CONV IS LOCKED 1500RPM... ).....IM STUCK TRYING TO ADD A LITTLE EXTRA TORQUE WITH LOW RPM BOOST(THUS THE TINY 16 G TURBO....). NOW A LOOSER CONVERTER WOULD PROBABLY DO THE SAME THING....BUT WHERE DO YA GET ONE OF THOSE FOR A HONDA???

Quote:
Time and time again you prove you are the biggest idiot on Pirate4x4. God you're a fucking clown.

Old March 5th, 2011   #605
voodoo
Wheeler

voodoo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR.ROCKAPE View Post
NOW A LOOSER CONVERTER WOULD PROBABLY DO THE SAME THING....BUT WHERE DO YA GET ONE OF THOSE FOR A HONDA???
http://www.importperformancetrans.co...ter.-1732.html

http://jmousa.com/us/flash/frame/index.html

voodoo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 5th, 2011   #606
MR.ROCKAPE
BANNED

ILL BE IN THE TURBO SWAP FOR NOT MUCH OVER THAT!!! PLUS THE AMOST DOUBLE THE HP MIGHT BE KINDA COOLER!!!

Quote:

Old March 5th, 2011   #607
swampdonkey
I'm scared of Rocks!

swampdonkey is on a distinguished road
Why the 16g I understand the quick spool up and they are cheap but why not run a little t3 they will spool just as fast and there is no water lines to the turbo
swampdonkey is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 6th, 2011   #608
voodoo
Wheeler

Quote:
ILL BE IN THE TURBO SWAP FOR NOT MUCH OVER THAT!!! PLUS THE AMOST DOUBLE THE HP MIGHT BE KINDA COOLER!!!
HP is way cooler
I'm in the same boat- 22r, Auto w/2K stall= no launch. I've already collected all the parts for my turbo upgrade

Old March 6th, 2011   #609
MR.ROCKAPE
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampdonkey View Post
Why the 16g I understand the quick spool up and they are cheap but why not run a little t3 they will spool just as fast and there is no water lines to the turbo
NOT GONNA USE THE WATER LINES(WAS TOLD IT ISNT A PROBLEM BY SEVERAL PEOPLE )...JUST THE OIL.....TURBO IS FAIRLY NEW,AND CAME ALMOST FREE....PLUS A TOTALLY STOCK MOTOR THAT SPENDS MORE TIME FROM IDLE TO MAYBE 5K....WONT REALLY BE LIMITED BY THE SMALLER TURBO.....

ALL IN ALL ITS A CHEAP UPGRADE...NOT LOOKING FOR MAX HP.....IF THAT WAS THE CASE I WOULD HAVE JUST DROPPED THE B16/VORTECH SUPERCHARGED MOTOR OUT OF MY STREET CAR IN IT......

THIS ALSO PAVES THE WAY FOR THE FUTURE BUGGYS TO ALL BE OBD1 AND HAVE INFINITE TUNING POSSIBILITIES..........

THE CURRENT SET UP HAS PLENTY OF CRAWLING POWER...NEVER HAD IT SO BOUND IT WOULD POWER ITSELF OUT OF IT....BUT IF YOU LOOK AT VID BELOW(BOUT 1:10) THE SECOND COARSE I STRUGGLED WITH POPPING UP ON A SIMPLE 24 INCH LEDGE BECAUSE THE POWER AND WHEEL SPEED COME UP TOO LATE.

Quote:

Old March 6th, 2011   #610
swampdonkey
I'm scared of Rocks!

Quote:
NOT GONNA USE THE WATER LINES(WAS TOLD IT ISNT A PROBLEM BY SEVERAL PEOPLE )...JUST THE OIL.....TURBO IS FAIRLY NEW,AND CAME ALMOST FREE....PLUS A TOTALLY STOCK MOTOR THAT SPENDS MORE TIME FROM IDLE TO MAYBE 5K....WONT REALLY BE LIMITED BY THE SMALLER TURBO.....

ALL IN ALL ITS A CHEAP UPGRADE...NOT LOOKING FOR MAX HP.....IF THAT WAS THE CASE I WOULD HAVE JUST DROPPED THE B16/VORTECH SUPERCHARGED MOTOR OUT OF MY STREET CAR IN IT......

THIS ALSO PAVES THE WAY FOR THE FUTURE BUGGYS TO ALL BE OBD1 AND HAVE INFINITE TUNING POSSIBILITIES..........

THE CURRENT SET UP HAS PLENTY OF CRAWLING POWER...NEVER HAD IT SO BOUND IT WOULD POWER ITSELF OUT OF IT....BUT IF YOU LOOK AT VID BELOW(BOUT 1:10) THE SECOND COARSE I STRUGGLED WITH POPPING UP ON A SIMPLE 24 INCH LEDGE BECAUSE THE POWER AND WHEEL SPEED COME UP TOO LATE.

I could see where you could use a little more power in that vid the turbo should make that power you are looking for. I do think that boost on demand (vortec supercharger) would make it it fun too!!

The Obd 1 system for tuning is the onley way to go look into hondata that stuff is the way to go but it takes some cash. The Eprom chips with programs like crome are ok to it just suck to open the ecu every time you change your tune.

I don't think the water lines are a deal and even if they are you said you got it cheap so run it and see what it can do. I just think a smalll t3 would come into boost a little earlyer as I have ran a 16g on a B18 and it did not make good boost tell around 4k and seem to be lagey below that.
Keep up the good work!

Old March 6th, 2011   #611
swampdonkey
I'm scared of Rocks!

Ok I thought about it a little more and the turbo ran was a 18g so those figures are no good

Old March 7th, 2011   #612
MOB40

MOB40 is on a distinguished road
HEY HOW WELL WOULD THAT TRANNY HOLD UP IN BAD BOUND UP POSITION AND WOULD IT HOLD UP TO 1 TONS WITH A 39-42" TIRE???
MOB40 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 7th, 2011   #613
MR.ROCKAPE
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOB40 View Post
HEY HOW WELL WOULD THAT TRANNY HOLD UP IN BAD BOUND UP POSITION AND WOULD IT HOLD UP TO 1 TONS WITH A 39-42" TIRE???
WELL THE TRANS HELD UP TO BREAKING A REAR TOYOTA YOKE,SHEARING OFF SOME RING GEAR TEETH AND TWEAKING MY OUTPUT ADAPTER....ALL AT THE SAME TIME!!!!

Quote:

Old March 10th, 2011   #614
MOB40

MOB40 is on a distinguished road
WAS THAT BOUND UP OR BUMPING IT? EITHER WAY IMPRESSIVE...
MOB40 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 10th, 2011   #615
MR.ROCKAPE
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOB40 View Post
WAS THAT BOUND UP OR BUMPING IT? EITHER WAY IMPRESSIVE...
THAT WAS A FULL THROTTLE ASSAULT ON THE SAME SPOT THE PIC WAS TAKEN ON MY BLUE BUGGY ON THE TOP OF THE PAGE......

Quote:

Old May 11th, 2011   #616
MR.ROCKAPE
BANNED

OK A FEW SPY PICS OF THE TURBO SWAP......IT HASNT COME EASY SINCE NOBODY MAKES A DECENT MANIFOLD THAT WILL MAKE THIS TURBO FIT WHERE I WANT IT TO.....

I ENDED UP BUILDING MY OWN HEADER AND RELOCATING THE TURBO......IT ALL SEEMS TO FIT NICE AND REALLY ALL I HAVE LEFT TO DO IS ADD THE INJECTORS,OIL FEED AND RETURN LINES,WELD IT ALL AND HAVE MY HOMIE COME OVER AND TUNE IT!!!! THE CHIPPED OBD1 SET UP IS IN THE CAR NOW AND EVEN JUST THAT WAS A NOTICEABLE DIFFERENCE IN THROTTLE RESPOSE AND HOW QUICKLY IT OPERATED THE IDLE BOOST WHEN THE STEERING WAS USED!!!!

Quote:

Old May 11th, 2011   #617
RADDONKEY
Paid Member

RADDONKEY is on a distinguished road
Nice, that should sound awesome !!
RADDONKEY is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 11th, 2011   #618
MR.ROCKAPE
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by RADDONKEY View Post
Nice, that sound sound awesome !!
MY BUDDY CLAIMS IT SHOULD BE QUIETER THAN IT WAS BEFORE........

HE ALSO CLAIMS IT SHOULD MAKE 250 HP.........

Quote:

Old May 11th, 2011   #619
swampdonkey
I'm scared of Rocks!

Turbo's do quiet the motor down under boost it will just whistle. You will have to post a vid so we can all hear it run after you are done! 250 hp bring the big numbers to the table! Honda number sound so small but it's a 1.8 motor!

Old May 12th, 2011   #620
voodoo
Wheeler

looks great. You'll be ready for the "King of Moonrocks" with that set up

I believe your Honda has a MLS head gasket stock. It should hold up to the boost better than my 22R did. How much boost ya gonna put to it?

Old May 12th, 2011   #621
MR.ROCKAPE
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoo View Post
looks great. You'll be ready for the "King of Moonrocks" with that set up

I believe your Honda has a MLS head gasket stock. It should hold up to the boost better than my 22R did. How much boost ya gonna put to it?
I WAS PLANNING ON USING A BOOST CONTROL AND MY BUDDY CLAIM 13 PSI WITH THE STOCK WASTEGATE........I WAS MORE THINKING OF 5-8 PSI BUT HE CLAIMS IT WILL LIVE A LONG LIFE ......EVEN@ 10:1 COMPRESSION.....

Quote:

Old June 6th, 2011   #622
MR.ROCKAPE
BANNED

FINALLY GOT TO SPEND A FEW HOURS ON THIS TODAY AND IT RUNS!!! IT DOESNT SEEM TO HAVE A REAL PROBLEM BUILDING BOOST AT A FAIRLY LOW RPM SO THE TQ INCREASE IS NOTICEABLE @1200 RPM AND UP. IT JUST GOT A BASE TUNE WITHOUT USING THE WIDEBAND 02 SENSOR TODAY.... I PLAN TO TAKE IT OUT TO THE MOONROCKS NEXT SUNDAY FOR SOME TESTING....

I MAY OPT TO TURN THE BOOST DOWN TO THE 5-8PSI RANGE IN THE INTEREST OF RING AND PINIONS AND TRANSMISSIONS!!!

MY BUDDY THAT DID THE TUNE CLAIMS WE CAN INSTALL A BUTTON THAT WILL ALLOW ME TO TOGGLE BETWEEN 5-8PSI TO 10-14PSI AS NEEDED.....SOUNDS LIKE THE BEST OF BOTH WORLDS!!!!

TIME TO GET THE RUFFSTUFF HOUSINGS AND STACK OF BLING ASS PARTS IN THIS....SO IM GONNA BITE THE BULLET AND PUT STOCK KNUCKLE BALLS IN AXLES THAT ARE SO CLOSE TO NOT USING ANY TOYOTA STOCK PARTS..........

Quote:

Old June 6th, 2011   #623
swampdonkey
I'm scared of Rocks!

Quote:
FINALLY GOT TO SPEND A FEW HOURS ON THIS TODAY AND IT RUNS!!! IT DOESNT SEEM TO HAVE A REAL PROBLEM BUILDING BOOST AT A FAIRLY LOW RPM SO THE TQ INCREASE IS NOTICEABLE @1200 RPM AND UP. IT JUST GOT A BASE TUNE WITHOUT USING THE WIDEBAND 02 SENSOR TODAY.... I PLAN TO TAKE IT OUT TO THE MOONROCKS NEXT SUNDAY FOR SOME TESTING....

I MAY OPT TO TURN THE BOOST DOWN TO THE 5-8PSI RANGE IN THE INTEREST OF RING AND PINIONS AND TRANSMISSIONS!!!

MY BUDDY THAT DID THE TUNE CLAIMS WE CAN INSTALL A BUTTON THAT WILL ALLOW ME TO TOGGLE BETWEEN 5-8PSI TO 10-14PSI AS NEEDED.....SOUNDS LIKE THE BEST OF BOTH WORLDS!!!!

TIME TO GET THE RUFFSTUFF HOUSINGS AND STACK OF BLING ASS PARTS IN THIS....SO IM GONNA BITE THE BULLET AND PUT STOCK KNUCKLE BALLS IN AXLES THAT ARE SO CLOSE TO NOT USING ANY TOYOTA STOCKPARTS..........

I want to see this thing run even better hear it run... Have you drove around the block yet or anything? I would love to see what kind of power it is making..

Old June 6th, 2011   #624
MR.ROCKAPE
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampdonkey View Post
I want to see this thing run even better hear it run... Have you drove around the block yet or anything? I would love to see what kind of power it is making..
I PLAYED WITH IT BRIEFLY IN MY YARD YESTERDAY...WITH WATER IN THE TIRES AND A TOP SPEED OF 40-ISH MPH IM EXPECTING IT TO BE IN TOP GEAR IN A BLINK OF AN EYE....IT WAS BEFORE...

Quote:

Old June 7th, 2011   #625
Sierra Valley
HARDCORE WEB WHEELER!!!

Sierra Valley is on a distinguished road
pretty snappy out of the gate. hows it soak up the woops?
Sierra Valley is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 7th, 2011   #626
rokmonkey
Wheeler

rokmonkey is on a distinguished road
shiiiiiit, 90% of the reno ricer crowd couldnt pickup that quick...... i want one
rokmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 7th, 2011   #627
MR.ROCKAPE
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rokmonkey View Post
shiiiiiit, 90% of the reno ricer crowd couldnt pickup that quick...... i want one
The turbo should add some excitement to the mo-budget experience! Will the parts live? Anything is possible!

Quote:

Old June 12th, 2011   #628
MR.ROCKAPE
BANNED

No pics unless XJmoser's kid wants to hook it up!!!

Out to moonrocks for a little light turbo testing and it does bring some more power to the little baby 1.6..... its will take a bit to get used to but I like it.

Now at some point it seems the rear ring and pinion decided to give up a few teeth.....this caused a bind and the rear driveline adapter to pop outta the trans.....

Im gonna rip the rear 3rd out one night this week and see what happened...... I am also gonna come up with a positive transaxle output adapter retention method.....

Who knew this little baby buggy would need spyder 9s to live????

Quote:

Old October 15th, 2011   #629
MR.ROCKAPE
BANNED

UPDATE!!!!
ITS FINALLY TUNED!!!!

hAD THE DAY OFF AND WENT OUT TO THE MOONROCKS FOR SOME LIGHT WHEELING AND A TUNING SESSION WITH MY BUDDY WHO MAKES THE HARNESSES. WE FOUND OUT HIS INTIAL TUNE WAS SUPER LEAN..... SO AFTER 4 HOURS AND ALOT OF CHANGES THE TURBO THAT I PUT ON IT IS RUNNING GREAT!!!!

Quote:

Old October 15th, 2011   #630
MR.ROCKAPE
BANNED

b 6&3/4 qtrs

Quote:

Last edited by MR.ROCKAPE; October 15th, 2011 at 01:46 AM..

Old October 15th, 2011   #631
4xyota
HARDCORE WEB WHEELER!!!

4xyota is on a distinguished road
videos dont work

RIP Davey Kyle Halabuk
4xyota is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 15th, 2011   #632
RADDONKEY
Paid Member

RADDONKEY is on a distinguished road
Nice, Sounds great!! Ha Ha B 6 3/4 Never heard that before. Good to see ya out wheelin
RADDONKEY is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 15th, 2011   #633
MR.ROCKAPE
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4xyota View Post
videos dont work

Quote:
Originally Posted by RADDONKEY View Post
Nice, Sounds great!! Ha Ha B 6 3/4 Never heard that before. Good to see ya out wheelin
I didnt get much driving in....... my buddy drove it for 4 hours on flat ground to get the tune right...... he had a bunch of full throttle passes.....so if i ever wanna go and hit top speed at WOT its good to go!

Quote:

Old October 16th, 2011   #634
Bryand
RockGods Member

Bryand is on a distinguished road
you can hear that turbo spooling up pretty fast off of idle. should be a descent upgrade for ya for sure. now we'll see how big your sack really is and commit to those full throttle climbs. mabe you a ThrottleJunkie should have a "throttle off"? Off course i hear he might be running the rest of the season in reverse!
Bryand is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 16th, 2011   #635
MR.ROCKAPE
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanD View Post
you can hear that turbo spooling up pretty fast off of idle. should be a descent upgrade for ya for sure. now we'll see how big your sack really is and commit to those full throttle climbs. mabe you a ThrottleJunkie should have a "throttle off"? Off course i hear he might be running the rest of the season in reverse!
It spools quick for sure.... Not so fast that you cant control it of it has any turbo overrun when you close the throttle. My tuner buddy thinks its making 250hp @8psi but i only see maybe 5psi at the throttle input it gets used under. Its for sure a nice upgrade ... I ended up close to $1200 with the harness mods,turbo,injectors,custom fab and in car tune.... Hope the ring and pinions and transaxle will live!

Quote:

Old August 13th, 2014   #636
MR.ROCKAPE
BANNED

Doing a little testing after axle side panhard bracket installation.....(my 7 year old takes great pics with my cell phone!)

Heres a pic before the upgrade....and only my personal rig had this crappy low axle side bracket the production chassis all had this corrected....

The new improved version has corrected the too low roll center issue,that created strange lifting on side hills when using the rear steer...(bracket is 4" taller and panhard rod is about 5" longer....)

The buggy got this upgrade front and rear....instant driving impression was it didnt drive alot different but it was better. Didnt seem to need as much front winch until the climbs got really steep and when getting after it on a hard bump the chassis seemed like it wasnt upset and stayed flat,where before it would torque over.

I also replaced all the lower links with 1.5 .250 sleeved with 1.75 .120 from just 1.5 .250.... I have had great luch with not bending the sleeved links on much heavier rigs.

Even with these new upgrades I found the edge and flopped it.....:laughing:

I plan to compete with this rig this weekend at the donner calrocs event.

Quote:

Old August 13th, 2014   #637
Bryand
RockGods Member

Bryand is on a distinguished road
Be careful that sand looks pretty gnarly! ha!

So does Travis' have this same setup? did he sell it yet?
Bryand is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 13th, 2014   #638
MR.ROCKAPE
BANNED

His is a little differet because it doesnt drop down as far on the chassis side that makes his axle bracket close to 3" taller and his roll center even higher...

His is still for sale on pirate and mine will be too ...soon!

Quote:

Old August 17th, 2014   #639
MR.ROCKAPE
BANNED

Few random pics... from this weekends donner event

Buggy works awesome...and other than a destroyed shock from the one roll...me and Chicken Wing were holding it down!!!

Quote:

Old October 11th, 2015   #640
MR.ROCKAPE
BANNED

No pics....

But I dropped this thing down to a 37" maxxis tire and it was an instant improvement over the 39" Krawler.... able to turn tighter and better traction.

We competed at donner in aug and this thing was crawling stuff it could hardly get the year before. Even with plugged injectors on the first day and missing two coarses we still were able to win our class.

Quote: