THEROCKGODS.COM > Technical > Fabrication

User Tag List

Old March 18th, 2013   #51
BIG BLUE
Local shit talker

BIG BLUE is on a distinguished road
Congrats to your son. Pretty damn awesome. Smile big proud papa. As far as the rig goes. Looking sick but damn man your gonna be watching your kids events in college before that thing is a runner.

It's people like you that make me look smart.

I am very sensative to a womans needs...thats why I always buy them kneepads!

Don't you know who I think I am!!!!!
BIG BLUE is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 18th, 2013   #52
1SAWB
HARDCORE WEB WHEELER!!!

1SAWB is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG BLUE View Post
Congrats to your son. Pretty damn awesome. Smile big proud papa. As far as the rig goes. Looking sick but damn man your gonna be watching your kids events in college before that thing is a runner.
thats fine by me.....i only get to do that shit with them once. this pile of tube will still be here when they are long gone. I refuse to look back in life and wish i would have been there. then live with the regret. fuck that family first toys later

Old March 18th, 2013   #53
1SAWB
HARDCORE WEB WHEELER!!!

STARTED WORKING ON THE DASH THIS WEEKEND. SINCE MY FOCUS HAS GONE TO A MORE COMFORTABLE COCKPIT THEN A “RACE” STYLE I KNEW I WANTED A CENTER CONSOLE TO HOLD THE GAUGES AND TOGGLE SWITCHES. IT’S BEEN BEAT INTO MY HEAD THAT YOU MUST BE ABLE TO GET THE SWITCHES….DUH !! ANYWAYS IN THE PAST IVE RIDDEN AND DROVE RIGS WITH CENTER CONSOLES AND I HATED THEM. MY LEG NORMALLY HIT’S THE CONSOLE AND AFTER A DAY OF THAT IT PLAIN SUCK’S. I’M NOT THE SMALLEST GUY IN THE WORLD SO I NEED TO BE COMFY. I LIKE THE IDEA OF A CONSOLE TO BE ABLE TO HIDE WIRING AND CRAP LIKE THAT. I’VE BEEN BOUNCING IDEA’S AROUND IN MY HEAD AND DOING A LITTLE RESEARCH TO SEE WHAT EVERYONE ELSE IS RUNNING. IVE SEEN GUY’S RUN THE EXHAUST TOWARD THE BACK AND DOWN THE BELLHOUSING. THAT IS APPEALING TO ME ALSO. WELL I SAT IN THE CHASSIS IN MY NEW SEAT’S READING MY NEW CRAWL MAGAZINE THIS WEEKEND AND I CAME UP WITH A PLAN. I HAD JUST BOUGHT A BOX OF 4’ BULBS FOR THE GARAGE. I TORE THE BOX APART AND STARTED HACKING IT UP AND STARTED PLAYING. THIS IS WHAT I CAME UP WITH

I EVEN THREW IN THE SHIFTER TO BE SURE IT’S EAST TO GET TO AND OPERATE. THEN BORDEM TOOK TOTAL CONTROLL AND I EVEN ADDED MOCK UP GAUGES AND SWITCHES

I HOPE TO GET THE HVAC GUY NEXT DOOR TO MY WORK TO BEND UP SOME ALUMINUM FOR ME THIS WEEK TO BE DONE WITH THIS PART

Old March 18th, 2013   #54
1SAWB
HARDCORE WEB WHEELER!!!

HAD ONE OF THE COOLEST MOTHER FUCKER'S KICK ME ALL THE GAUGES FOR THIS BUILD. THEY ARE ALL AUTOMETER COBALT'S. I GOT 5" TACK AND SPEEDO. THE REST ARE 2 5/8 OIL PSI,WATER TEMP, TRANS TEMP, FUEL LEVEL AND VOLT'S

AND LITE

Last edited by 1SAWB; April 10th, 2013 at 08:17 AM..
1SAWB is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 18th, 2013   #55
Bryand
RockGods Member

Bryand is on a distinguished road
why not put the gauges in front of the driver seat?

i made my dash removable, with somewhat a frame. then all the wiring goes through 2 LARGE plugs. 4, 1/4-20 bolts, unplug, and the whole dash can be worked on the bench - makes your wiring life much easier as you add / subtract / change stuff over the years.
Bryand is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 18th, 2013   #56
1SAWB
HARDCORE WEB WHEELER!!!

WITH THAT BIG ASS TACH AND SPEEDO IT JUST DIDN'T LOOK RIGHT TO ME. AND WITH THE SWITCHES JUST COULDNT GET WHAT I WANTED. THE WAY I'M DOINT THE DASH IT WILL BE ABLE TO REMOVE THE CONSOLE AREA PRETTY QUICK TO GAIN ACCESS TO TRANS OR WHATEVER NEEDED. ONE OF THE MANY THINGS IVE BEEN WORKING ON IS BEING ABLE TO REMOVE THE TRANS EITHER THRU THE TOP OR THE BOTTOM AND AS IT SIT'S RIGHT NOW I CAN DO EITHER.

Last edited by 1SAWB; March 18th, 2013 at 01:10 PM..

Old March 25th, 2013   #57
1SAWB
HARDCORE WEB WHEELER!!!

GOT SOME MO WORK DONE THIS WEEKEND. HAD TO REWORK THE MOTOR MOUNT'S TO CLEAR THE UPPER LINK'S. I DREW UP A NEW MOTOR MOUNT AND GOT THEM BURNED OUT. SPENT FRIDAY NIGHT TEARING APART THE OLD MOUNTS AND WELDING UP THE NEW MOUNT'S. THEN WENT OVER TO MY BUDDY DON'S HOUSE TO USE HIS NOTCHER TO DO THE MOTORMOUNT TUBE AND MY DASH BAT THAT I'M PLAYING WITH . ALSO ON FRIDAY I GOT MY FRONT LOWER LINKS BACK FROM BEING FIXED. AND BOLTED THEM IN ....DAMN THEY LOOK GOOD

NEW MOUNTS ALL WELDED UP

AND NOW IN WITH WAY MORE CLEARANCE

LOWER LINK....BEEF

ALSO GOT AN UNEXPECTED CALL FROM MY BOY CODY THAT HE WANTED TO COME OVER SUNDAY AND FINISH UP WELDING THE CHASSIS SO NOW IT'S AROUND 95% WELDED. PRETTY STOKED ON THE PROGRESS. CODY SAID HE HAD SOME STAINLESS THAT WE COULD BUILD THE DASH AND CONSOLE OUT OF...KINDA ON THE FENCE IS I WANNA RUN STAINLESS OR NOT BUT THE PRICE IS RIGHT :)

Old March 29th, 2013   #58
1SAWB
HARDCORE WEB WHEELER!!!

PIC OF CODY'S HANDY WORK

ALSO GOT MY MUFFLER....I DO HAVE PERKS TO MY JOB AT TIMES
SPINTECH SPRINTCAR MUFFLER...SHOULD SOUND GOOD

THEN I GOT ATTACKED BY A WEREWOLF

Old April 3rd, 2013   #59
1SAWB
HARDCORE WEB WHEELER!!!

ordered up all the material to do the interior this week so I got bored and started messing around with templates and found myself tinkering with the smallest thing's.......anyways the material should be in next week I think, so if I have time i'll start on it. right now i'm waiting on the shop to build me a couple spacer's I need so that I can get the motor mounts welded up then the engine, trans and case can come out. once thats done the engine will get torn down and completly gone threw and install all the crap I have for it. the trans was already rebuilt but I obtained an 'HD" case TH400 that I will have Erik swap the gut's into and also install some more goodies I have for it. while thats all being done I figured I would also machine the 14 bolt down and get Cody to tig weld that bitch up and while he's at it I will have him tig all the cast stuff that need's to be done. I got all the tab's and thing's I need to get the shock's mounted but unfortunatly I let someone borrow the spacer's for their rig for K.O.H. and where supposed to replace them and have never got them back soooo I need to order those too.

couple pics of me playing around

and the new front upper link tab tacked in

Old April 5th, 2013   #60
voodoo
Wheeler

voodoo is on a distinguished road
Lookin' good
voodoo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 5th, 2013   #61
1SAWB
HARDCORE WEB WHEELER!!!

THANK YOU SIR

Old April 6th, 2013   #62
85runner
Wheeler

85runner is on a distinguished road
Lookin good! Who was your contact on the spintech?

sent from my galaxy s3
85runner is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 8th, 2013   #63
1SAWB
HARDCORE WEB WHEELER!!!

One of my customer's that builds sprint car engines said he had piles of them and one showed up look at BR motorsports out of fresno i think it is. they have them too

Old April 8th, 2013   #64
85runner
Wheeler

Will do thnx

sent from my galaxy s3

Old April 10th, 2013   #65
1SAWB
HARDCORE WEB WHEELER!!!

not a ton of progress but some has been made. I dropped off the dually hub's to be machined to the SRW also picked this little baby up

In the back ground you can see the stainless showed up for the dash and center console. I have it all layed out now just need to punch some holes for the small gauges and get it sheered and bent, maybe thursday I can do that if I get time. the main dash is going to look badass in my oppinion ( the only one that matter's ;) ) only issue is that damn 5" tach requires a 4 5/8 hole. cody said he has a punch that will do the 2 5/8 but cant find the 4 5/8 he has so I might get a friend to water jet it so it's clean

my aluminum showed up for the interior last night but I still need to address mounting the seat's but i have an idea for that just need more tube ....lol

Old April 15th, 2013   #66
1SAWB
HARDCORE WEB WHEELER!!!

started playing around with the interior templates. when the aluminum was shipped they put cardboard in between the aluminum pieces and then used 1/8 chip board then banded it together. the cool thing is I got to use them fo rthe templates. anyways this was the outcome of my vision

Last edited by 1SAWB; April 15th, 2013 at 12:29 PM..

Old April 17th, 2013   #67
voodoo
Wheeler

voodoo is on a distinguished road
Looks great. Just make the lower part easy to remove for trans. access
voodoo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 18th, 2013   #68
1SAWB
HARDCORE WEB WHEELER!!!

TRANS IS ABLE TO COME OUT THE TOP OR THE BOTTOM. ONCE THE CONSOLE AREA IS REMOVED YOU CAN GET TO THE BELLHOUSING BOLTS OR ANYTHING IN THAT AREA FOR THAT MATTER. I DO PLAN ON CHANGING IT UP SLIGHTLY AND MAKING THE SIDE PANELS TWO PCS. THEN I CAN REMOVE THEM IF NEEDED

Old April 29th, 2013   #69
1SAWB
HARDCORE WEB WHEELER!!!

got a little more done on the dash this past weekend. early last week I got the main dash bent up. I was a little freaked out cutting and notching the dash for some reason but i got it.. doesnt look to bad either :) I already had the console part mapped out for gauge location and width and everything. at lunch I'll shear it and bend it up too

progress is bueno and good for my brain

you can see where the dotted lins are in the console is where it will get sheared and the solid line is where i'll bend it. The drilled holes are where I will use a knock out punch for the 2 5/8 gauges

Last edited by 1SAWB; April 29th, 2013 at 10:47 AM..

Old April 30th, 2013   #70
1SAWB
HARDCORE WEB WHEELER!!!

well at lunch I got the console bent up and sheared. got a call from cody that he had the tool to punch out the 2 5/8 holes for the gauges so I ran over to his house and poppd out the holes.. that damn hole punch is bad ass done with all 5 holes in 5 minutes including B.S. ing anyway got home and of course had to mock it up to see how it looks exactly what I envisioned

Old July 25th, 2013   #71
1SAWB
HARDCORE WEB WHEELER!!!

Not much going on right now. I did get the tab's for the dash welded in and the cross bar

first pic here I made a pointed bolt woohoo!! to mark the dash to drill the holes. I put the bolt in my drill and turned my flap disk on and had at it. turned out pretty good

and the dash

done

bolts that are in there will not be staying

Old September 30th, 2013   #72
1SAWB
HARDCORE WEB WHEELER!!!

Took some time this weekend and mounted the seat's and center console

Also make the tab template to mount the radiator. I already have the puck's in the pic to weld to the radiator and the ARP 3/8 bolts

Old October 3rd, 2013   #73
1SAWB
HARDCORE WEB WHEELER!!!

well since Im so damn inspired and work has slowed a bit I whipped up this lil beauty and had some cool MOFO in Reno burn it out for me hell I like it and that's all that matters

final product

Old October 7th, 2013   #74
1SAWB
HARDCORE WEB WHEELER!!!

Got the brackets on Saturday and played a bit. here is what it looks like in

pucks bolted on the tab

and tab in

Old October 10th, 2013   #75
1SAWB
HARDCORE WEB WHEELER!!!

one of the things I forgot was that I got my dually hubs back from the machine shop

and a spare set too ;)

Old November 4th, 2013   #76
1SAWB
HARDCORE WEB WHEELER!!!

More progress this past weekend. both boys are done with Football so now I have 2 weeks off till Wrestling and Basketball start . I went out and did a super clean on the garage since we got in the habit of dropping stuff off in their and running off to the next thing, that and I needed to make room for Cody to come over and do some more welding anyways we got the motor mounts all burned in, tubes for the seat's burned in, tabs for the seat mounts radiator bracket's and the pucks on the side of the radiator

Seat stuff

Then we moved on to the radiator mounting bracket and puck's

Old November 4th, 2013   #77
MR.ROCKAPE
BANNED

MR.ROCKAPE is on a distinguished road
Dont ya think making the front seat mount tube removeable could help in trans and tcase removal?
I hope mine never has to come out but planned that it probably will at some point.

Whats your finish date expected to be? You best put in two hard weeks.. You're still doing the fun stuff! Hanging pedals, plumbing(brakes,steering,coolant) and wiring are time consumers!

MY VIDEO!!!--->ITS NEW!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNVguvNE7qc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance View Post
Time and time again you prove you are the biggest idiot on Pirate4x4. God you're a fucking clown.
MR.ROCKAPE is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 4th, 2013   #78
1SAWB
HARDCORE WEB WHEELER!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR.ROCKAPE View Post
Dont ya think making the front seat mount tube removeable could help in trans and tcase removal?
I hope mine never has to come out but planned that it probably will at some point.

Whats your finish date expected to be? You best put in two hard weeks.. You're still doing the fun stuff! Hanging pedals, plumbing(brakes,steering,coolant) and wiring are time consumers!

I have a plan for the removable front seat mount. I still have tons of shit going on but I do plan on working on it when I get time. Their is a guy interested in buying it i'll know more tonight and I also have an offer from a Team too

no hurry for me just forward progress is all I care about right now

if it sell's cool
if the "Team" deal works out then even better

Old November 4th, 2013   #79
MR.ROCKAPE
BANNED

Team? Dog sled team? Tag team?

WTF are you talking about? .... Speak English!

Quote:
Time and time again you prove you are the biggest idiot on Pirate4x4. God you're a fucking clown.

Old November 6th, 2013   #80
1SAWB
HARDCORE WEB WHEELER!!!

I GUESS IT'S MORE OF A TAG TEAM DEAL...THE HEAD CHICK IS HOT AS FUCK. SHE WAS RUNNER UP FOR MISS CALIFORNIA IN THE EARLY 90'S. UNFORTUNATLY SHE IS A VERY CLOSE FRIEND THAT IVE ALWAYS CALLED MOM....NO YOU SICKS FUCK NOT MY LITERAL MOM......LONG STORY ON THE NAME BUT BASICLY I WAS IN A HEAD ON WHEN I WAS 16 AND MY PARENTS WHERE ON VACATION AND SHE TOOK CARE OF ME. ANYWAYS SHE WAS A CODOG/DRIVER OF A SUCCESSFUL UTV PROGRAM AND HAS ALWAYS HAD HER SIGHTS ON K.O.H. SHE HAS QUITE A FEW "FRIENDS" IN THE K.O.H. CROUD AND PITS FOR SLAWSON. ANYWAYS SHE IS WANTING TO TEAM UP ON THIS THING. BASICLY SHE WANTS TO FINISH IT AND RACE IT. HONESTLY NOT SURE IM INTO THAT OR NOT. LIFE IS WAY TO COMPLICATED RIGHT NOW

HELL IDK

Old November 6th, 2013   #81
Sierra Valley
HARDCORE WEB WHEELER!!!

Sierra Valley is on a distinguished road
Pics of said team or I call bs
Sierra Valley is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 6th, 2013   #82
MR.ROCKAPE
BANNED

Koh 2015? Better start saving for some coilovers and triple bypasses... Ftoys got that shit now.... And will own ya without them!

Quote:

Old November 7th, 2013   #83
1SAWB
HARDCORE WEB WHEELER!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sierra Valley View Post
Pics of said team or I call bs
NOT posting pics of her w/o her ok...don't think her hubby would care but not going down that road....I assure you she is not ugly at all. she was/is codriver for the 1933 speed energy utv. back in high school she raced motorcross and now she is dying to stay racing but wants to move up a few levels

Old November 7th, 2013   #84
1SAWB
HARDCORE WEB WHEELER!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR.ROCKAPE View Post
Koh 2015? Better start saving for some coilovers and triple bypasses... Ftoys got that shit now.... And will own ya without them!
agreed

she has been doing this for awhile and knows quite a few people.at King, Fabtech,OMF ect the bypass thing is for sure but like I said im not sure this is anything I wanna do. I just have way to much going on now I cant imagine racing too....no time and def. not the money.

I have a few people blowing me up to buy this off pirates. but not one has had the time to come look at it one guy text's me 10-15 times a day. so I just keep plugging along on it. I did score roller's for it so if I get time this weekend to grab them and time in the shop she will be a roller

Old November 8th, 2013   #85
1SAWB
HARDCORE WEB WHEELER!!!

Well I was sorely mistaken. about the boys having two weeks off. apparently they have the option of going to preseason Basketball and Wrestling so we are doing that. anyways I was out playing around last night attempting to figure more stuff out. I have a cool idea on how I want to mount the fuel cell that will also hold 6-8 quarts of oil. so I played with that and a few other things. while I was out I took a few pics of the rear coilover mounts. just waiting on the lower tabs and I can cycle the rear

also working on a couple storage idea's and shifter mounts. I have this thing about waisted space and using that space for something

Old November 18th, 2013   #86
1SAWB
HARDCORE WEB WHEELER!!!

Scored some more parts for the engine. got some F.A.S.T. fuel rails and injectors. my plan this last weekend was to pull the engine and trans out and start the engine build since I have 99% of the parts for it. I also have a crazy idea on paint color for the block and trans. for some reason I feel the need to do it so once I get it done i'll get pics. I didn't get around to pulling the drivetrain for two reason's 1) I displaced 3 ribs and it hurts like hell and 2) the garage is kinda full right now

and the reason the garage is full

I've already been working on trading those big ass tires off for either a 60 front and 14 bolt rear or a brand new set of TSL'S. I should be finalizing this today. I'm leaning towards the 60/14 bolt cuz it's like money in the bank

Old November 18th, 2013   #87
trupster415
fuck what you think

trupster415 is on a distinguished road
How big are thoughs tires????
trupster415 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 19th, 2013   #88
85runner
Wheeler

I would say 53s on 20s

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Old November 19th, 2013   #89
1SAWB
HARDCORE WEB WHEELER!!!

49'S. TRADED THEM OFF TODAY FOR A GM 60 FRONT AND 14 REAR

Old November 26th, 2013   #90
1SAWB
HARDCORE WEB WHEELER!!!

So this past weekend not only did the Toyota go off to a new home :( but I traded the big dumb tires off for something a little closer to what I want. also scored a matching pair GM 60 front and 14 bolt rear that I"m sure soon will be up for sale or trade

Old November 27th, 2013   #91
MR.ROCKAPE
BANNED

Im not sure I would have narrowed those axles if you were gonna go with that big of tires... Even with a 2.5 BS wheel I dont see you having much steering angle. At least with a fool width axles you had the option of setting track width with wheel offset.

Quote:

Old January 3rd, 2014   #92
1SAWB
HARDCORE WEB WHEELER!!!

Since I have this constant desire to upgrade everything.....and I have an HD case th400 that I obtained. I now am going to swap the guts from the rebuild standard th400 case to the new HD case. I'm also going to install a 300m input with new drum and 300m output. I got the output today

input should be in next week

Last edited by 1SAWB; January 8th, 2014 at 09:04 AM..

Old January 3rd, 2014   #93
trupster415
fuck what you think

trupster415 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1SAWB View Post
Since I have this constant desire to upgrade everything.....and I have an HD case th400 that I obtained. I now am going to swap the guts from the rebuild standard th400 case to the new HD case. I'm also going to install a 300m input with new drum and 300m output. I got the output today

input should be in next week
When you say hd case do you mean K case or after market?
trupster415 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 4th, 2014   #94
Larsen
Wheeler

Larsen is on a distinguished road
Are you running the front axle full width (Chevy 69.5"or Dodge 67"?) and dually hubs on the back at 63" wide? What needed to be machined on the rear hubs or you just trying to lighten them up?
Larsen is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 8th, 2014   #95
1SAWB
HARDCORE WEB WHEELER!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trupster415 View Post
When you say hd case do you mean K case or after market?
ITS A FACTORY "HD" CASE LIKE A "K"

Old January 8th, 2014   #96
1SAWB
HARDCORE WEB WHEELER!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larsen View Post
Are you running the front axle full width (Chevy 69.5"or Dodge 67"?) and dually hubs on the back at 63" wide? What needed to be machined on the rear hubs or you just trying to lighten them up?
GM FRONT NARROWED 2.5 PER SIDE. I USED THE FACTORY NON DUALLY HUDS ON THE TOYOTA AND HAD TWO SETS OF DUALLY HUBS LAYING AROUND SO I HAVE THEM MACHINED

Old January 8th, 2014   #97
1SAWB
HARDCORE WEB WHEELER!!!

been sick as a dog for a week now. I Drew up some lower shock tab's and e-mailed them up to Trent fab and they cut them out for me. I picked them up Friday. I didn't get pics of them they are a gusset/shock mount that go from the lower link mount to the truss. I got a whopping 1 hour of spare time so I tacked them in and attempted to cycle the rear suspension. But unfortunately I ran out of room for droop. I even jacked the chassis up to gain the needed room and just couldn't. when life slows up a bit ( yeah right ) I need to notch a few tubes and then the front will be done. then I can really check it.
couple pics

Old February 24th, 2014   #98
1SAWB
HARDCORE WEB WHEELER!!!

Not much progress...like usual....been wresting or had basketball 1-2 times each per week...no time for crap. I did manage to get home early one day and the front is all tacked in just need to take the time to cycle it. I did get in my A.T.I. aluminum balancer along with my badass input and drum along the way I also got another 36 element sprag and drum. the original idea was to swap the guts from one case to the other. now it looks like i'll be just building another trans with the HD case. last thing on the tranny list is the manual VB

input and drum

on a quick bragging dad side note the freshman boy took 4th in regional's and went undefeated in league for wrestling unfortunately only the top 3 go to state....BOOOOOOOO!

here is his regionals pic on the podium....1-3rd were seniors...also the lightest and youngest in his bracket...lol

his medal for regionals

but this past weekend took 1st at the Rocky Mountain national's

Old April 30th, 2014   #99
1SAWB
HARDCORE WEB WHEELER!!!

Had this for sale and no body had money or any trades we could work out so I made a small amount of progress. I half ass'ed mapped out the fuel, Tranny, Steering, Radiator and engine oil cooler plumbing and put together a list. I quickly crapped my pants at the price and made a few calls to customer's for a "bro" deal. I was put in touch with the guys at Fragola great guys and awesome product. I e-mailed them the massive list and within days I had this huge, heavy ass box sitting on my front porch

Old May 13th, 2014   #100
BMFNTOY
Wheeler

BMFNTOY is on a distinguished road
So Don is the new owner.......very cool!

TFab 100 Proof "Getting it buggy" LS2/TH400/4 spd. Atlas/Prorock D60 front/D70U rear CTM 37/40 spline shafts thruout/42" Kevlar stickies on Racelines...blah blah blah........

R.I.P. Dave "Kyle" Halabuk
BMFNTOY is offline   Reply With Quote