THEROCKGODS.COM > Technical > Fabrication

User Tag List

Old January 24th, 2011   #1
BIG BLUE
Local shit talker

BIG BLUE is on a distinguished road
School me on hole saws.

I know I'm doing it all wrong.....I somehow burned up four hole saws in two days. Two lenox, one milwakee and one blue one I forgot the name. First one I think the drill was way to fast. Used a slower drill but it still burned the teeth off. One was the blue one and one was the lenox. Third one snagged and broke off a chunk of teeth (lennox). Fourth one was the milwakee and it just got dull after two or three cuts and then snagged and stripped the threads out. Fifth on is one there now and seems to be doing decent...

So what's the secret? Where do you get a decent hole saw? Also I am cutting 1.75 hrew .120 wall. Do I use a 1.75 hole saw or do I go bigger?

It's people like you that make me look smart.

I am very sensative to a womans needs...thats why I always buy them kneepads!

Don't you know who I think I am!!!!!
BIG BLUE is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 24th, 2011   #2
MR.ROCKAPE
BANNED

MR.ROCKAPE is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG BLUE View Post
I know I'm doing it all wrong.....I somehow burned up four hole saws in two days. Two lenox, one milwakee and one blue one I forgot the name. First one I think the drill was way to fast. Used a slower drill but it still burned the teeth off. One was the blue one and one was the lenox. Third one snagged and broke off a chunk of teeth (lennox). Fourth one was the milwakee and it just got dull after two or three cuts and then snagged and stripped the threads out. Fifth on is one there now and seems to be doing decent...

So what's the secret? Where do you get a decent hole saw? Also I am cutting 1.75 hrew .120 wall. Do I use a 1.75 hole saw or do I go bigger?
LENNOX ONES LAST FOREVER.....SEVERAL CHASSIS AND 100s OF NOTCHES......BEFORE I FIGURED OUT HOW I WAS LOSING THE TEETH(...CAUSED BY PULLING THE NOTCHER BACK WHILE STILL SPINNING AND NOTCHED PIECE GETTING BOUND ON THE TUBE.... )

MY DRILL IS PRETTY SLOW...IT SOUNDS LIKE YOU MIGHT BE SPINNING THE HOLE SAW TOO FAST AND MAYBE PUSHING IT THROUGH TOO FAST... I DONT USE ANY LUBE.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6St6SXgB1ZM

THESE LENOX HOLOES SAWS??....THOSE ARE THE ONES I HAVE GREAT LUCK WITH.

http://www.lenoxtools.com/Pages/Prod...imetalHolesaws

AND LASTLY ARE YOU USING A HF NOTCHER.....OR ANY WITH A BUSHING INSTEAD OF A BEARING ON TOP??

MY VIDEO!!!--->ITS NEW!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNVguvNE7qc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance View Post
Time and time again you prove you are the biggest idiot on Pirate4x4. God you're a fucking clown.
MR.ROCKAPE is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 24th, 2011   #3
BIG BLUE
Local shit talker

the lenox hole saws came from lowes the milwakee from home depot. Maybe the quality is lower. I used a lenox for years and it finally wore out so my buddy grabbed a couple from lowes and those were the ones that burned out quick. I am using the harbor fright notcher but I have never had a problem in the past. SO on extreme angles Is it best to cut in half way lobe off that piece and then cut the remainder?

Old January 24th, 2011   #4
MR.ROCKAPE
BANNED

Quote:
the lenox hole saws came from lowes the milwakee from home depot. Maybe the quality is lower. I used a lenox for years and it finally wore out so my buddy grabbed a couple from lowes and those were the ones that burned out quick. I am using the harbor fright notcher but I have never had a problem in the past. SO on extreme angles Is it best to cut in half way lobe off that piece and then cut the remainder?
NO THE VID WAS MORE FOR FEED SPEED AND DRILL SPEED....BUT I ALWAYS NOTCH FROM THE OPEN END...UNLIKE THE CLOWN IN THAT VID......

I HAVE BOUGHT THE LENOX ONES AT MILTIPLE PLACES THAY ALL SEEM THE SAME QUALITY TO ME......

I TRIED THE ONES FROM SEARS AND THEY SUCKED ASS....AND A FEW OTHER BRANDS WITH THE SAME RESULT....

Quote:
Time and time again you prove you are the biggest idiot on Pirate4x4. God you're a fucking clown.

Old January 24th, 2011   #5
BIG BLUE
Local shit talker

I think the biggest issue was speed. The first drill was way to fast. The one I am using now is nice and slow but if it binds it takes out your friggin knuckles. Or like it did to me yesterday swung around and tagged me in the back of my hand where I still have pins and clips...brought me to my knees like a little biotch. I friggin hate notching. Somehow I must learn the secret of good tight notches. Right now its hit or miss.

Old January 24th, 2011   #6
MR.ROCKAPE
BANNED

Quote:
I think the biggest issue was speed. The first drill was way to fast. The one I am using now is nice and slow but if it binds it takes out your friggin knuckles. Or like it did to me yesterday swung around and tagged me in the back of my hand where I still have pins and clips...brought me to my knees like a little biotch. I friggin hate notching. Somehow I must learn the secret of good tight notches. Right now its hit or miss.
IT SOUNDS LIKE YOU NEED TO INVEST IN A BETTER NOTCHER AND MAYBE A GOOD 1/2 INCH DRILL.....

THIS THING IS THE HOTNESS....GOT MINE USED FROM CASHMONEY!!!
http://www.mtechsupply.com/view_page...ers&prodid=250

THE TN-100 IS MY ORIGINAL.....BUT FOR $35 EXTRA THE ONE ABOVE DOES MORE!!!
http://www.mtechsupply.com/view_page...chers&prodid=7

Quote: